6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i've been waiting on my preferred upper lower combos to be in stock for months now. but...i have this new ARP Socom barrel that is weeping for a home, i've got bolts, bolt carriers, lpks, some muzzle devices and stocks. just need a gas block and i'm thinking the SLR will be it. but,,,i'm looking for a bargain. who's got the best price on the Aero Combo set? i'll be getting the works, upper, rail, lower. any of the sponsors sell Aero? i'd rather spend my money here than elsewhere. and they give the measurements for the rails on the Aero site, and i'm thinking of a 12" or 15" rail, where is the measurement taken from, over all length? . you don't need to talk them up to me, the stuff looks good and the specs suit me, just point me to bargain land or sponsor land please, you can save me hours of surfing and comparing,,,forgetting,,etc

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check jse surplus. They have mega when nobody else does. I've picked up a couple uppers from them
i have checked em, i get such a good deal on mega from DSG that it's just hard to look at other's prices

·
Premium Member
10,781 Posts
i've been waiting on my preferred upper lower combos to be in stock for months now. but...i have this new ARP Socom barrel that is weeping for a home, i've got bolts, bolt carriers, lpks, some muzzle devices and stocks. just need a gas block and i'm thinking the SLR will be it. but,,,i'm looking for a bargain. who's got the best price on the Aero Combo set? i'll be getting the works, upper, rail, lower. any of the sponsors sell Aero? i'd rather spend my money here than elsewhere. and they give the measurements for the rails on the Aero site, and i'm thinking of a 12" or 15" rail, where is the measurement taken from, over all length? . you don't need to talk them up to me, the stuff looks good and the specs suit me, just point me to bargain land or sponsor land please, you can save me hours of surfing and comparing,,,forgetting,,etc
Aero's quality seems to have improved over the last 5-6 years. Looks good to me.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the mega suggestions, but DSG gives me a nice discount for veteran's account, if i buy mega it's only from them. DSG beats every other veteran discount by a hefty amount but they've been out of stock, or run out as soon as they get stuff i haven't been able to connect to score.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm in a similar situation right now myself. I'm looking at the M4E1 uppers. They had them on sale at Aero Precision the other day and I missed it. I did get two of there Gen 2 lowers on sale. I'm just waiting to see if they put the uppers on sale again in the mean time.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm in a similar situation right now myself. I'm looking at the M4E1 uppers. They had them on sale at Aero Precision the other day and I missed it. I did get two of there Gen 2 lowers on sale. I'm just waiting to see if they put the uppers on sale again in the mean time.
just bought the stuff, member here hooked me up. looking forward to putting it together

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a 15" M4E1 on my yote smoker. I measured it from the front face of the rail on the reciever. Mine measures 14 15/16".
thanks, that's what i wanted to know, should leave an inch of barrel and the muzzle device exposed

·
Registered
249 Posts
I have a slick side Mega upper that has had very little use. The only reason I'm not keeping it is because I can't use a bad lever with it. Interested? The sides are really really thick.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a slick side Mega upper that has had very little use. The only reason I'm not keeping it is because I can't use a bad lever with it. Interested? The sides are really really thick.

sorry, i've already got the Aero stuff on the way, but thanks

·
Registered
249 Posts
sorry, i've already got the Aero stuff on the way, but thanks
No sweat. Aero works too! Just square it up

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've built two ambi Seekins billet upper/ lower sets, two billet non-ambi Mega lower/ upper sets and another SC Mega upper, and 4 Aero forged lowers, but none of the Aero uppers. Other than the fancy billet and lines/ aesthetics, I can't tell a difference in form and function. The more I play with the AR platform, the more I think the trigger and barrel matter a lot more than the rest.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've built two ambi Seekins billet upper/ lower sets, two billet non-ambi Mega lower/ upper sets and another SC Mega upper, and 4 Aero forged lowers, but none of the Aero uppers. Other than the fancy billet and lines/ aesthetics, I can't tell a difference in form and function. The more I play with the AR platform, the more I think the trigger and barrel matter a lot more than the rest.
That's true until your get an upper that isn't square to the barrel. Also, the non milspec upper can be incompatible with certain bad levers. Otherwise, I agree.

I DID have an AAC upper that wore down and now allows the Charging handle to tap my nose while firing.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ahhh, yes, the final "your stuff has shipped" email. everything should be here by tuesday. feels like waiting for Christmas when i was little

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
ahhh, yes, the final "your stuff has shipped" email. everything should be here by tuesday. feels like waiting for Christmas when i was little
I got my Mega GTR 3H lower one week after I ordered it, now getting the ATF's site to work so I can SBR it is another thing

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
I have mega and they are awesome but I also got some of the SI-Defense matched billets with the teflon finish and they have been working great.
It was a long wait but I was lucky to order and receive a few sets of the same type they sent to the Navy Seals at the time along with the lilja barrels.
I wasn't even looking for them the lady they used to have on the phone told me after people were going frantic because they were going to discontinue them.
I think they were already in talks with Nemo Arms but they could not say anything so they knew that business unit was being packaged to be sold.
The thing is now SI defense is Falkor after they got adquired by Nemo arms (whatever the deal) and all I see is prices going up but quality seems to be top of the line like before.
I cannot talk for the new models but I can talk for the original SI-Defense that Sunjay manufacturing made that by the way they made high end parts for
fighter jets and other military stuff so their experience, machines and capabilities were amazing.
Based on what I see they might be making some part for rainier arms but I am not sure about that. As you know some retailers make more obvious where their
OEM stuff comes from.

They have this beefed up model "just for men" lol. Anyway it is only money! ....

http://falkordefense.com/shop/ar15-receivers/ambi-si-d-22356-receiver-set/

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i have an even 1/2 dozen mega rigs, 1,,maybe 2 have forged lowers, 2 are ambi billets, the rest are non ambi billets. there are sets available at several online shops but i only buy mega from DSG, anytime i can get an 80 to 100 off their price (many cases this is drastically lower than other sites) i'm in. DSG gets some in from time to time, send me a notify email, by the time i get there most are gone already. been that way for months, so decided to try Aero cause the advanced upper and rail system is much like the Mega system, i like that.

middle of next week it should all be here for assembly, that will tell the tale, at least for me

1 - 20 of 30 Posts