6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Or is this census asking a lot of info I don't think they need? How far do you drive to work? How many rooms in your house? What's your mortgage payment? Light bill? This is nuts

·
Super Moderator
12,227 Posts
Or is this census asking a lot of info I don't think they need? How far do you drive to work? How many rooms in your house? What's your mortgage payment? Light bill? This is nuts
Census? I thought they only did that every 10 years. Haven't heard about another census.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Census? I thought they only did that every 10 years. Haven't heard about another census.
They actually do some 5 year census work. I have no idea what the selection process is but it is done.

FROM WIKI:

The American Community Survey (ACS) is an ongoing statistical survey by the U.S. Census Bureau. It regularly gathers information previously contained only in the long form of the decennial census, such as ancestry, educational attainment, income, language proficiency, migration, disability, employment, and housing characteristics. These data are used by many public-sector, private-sector, and not-for-profit stakeholders to allocate funding, track shifting demographics, plan for emergencies, and learn about local communities. Sent to approximately 295,000 addresses monthly (or 3.5 million per year), it is the largest survey after the decennial census that the Census Bureau administers.[1]

Greg

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
It's how they come up with those nutty stats that fuel social programs/spending.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
For the record ... in the last census and any subsequent ones, I'm a Native American. Everyone born here should do the same.

·
Banned
1,883 Posts
i had that mailed to me before.
i refused to fill out, I started to, got a little too nosy and personal for my liking
they sent me "punishable by law threats" along with another book to fill out
I returned to sender with a nice little note written on top of census:
This census is in violation of my rights, any further harassment will result in myself taking legal action thru my attorney.
That was 10+ years ago and I never heard from them again.

The population only census I do fill out.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I think you're only required by law to fill out the number of individuals in the house. But they'll tell you differently on the paperwork.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I usually fill them out with rather wacky stuff - It is good to be the outlier - it screws up their stats :a21:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
This census is in violation of my rights, any further harassment will result in myself taking legal action threw my attorney.
Probably because they didn't want anybody to throw them anywhere. :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I have no problem with listing how many people age sex race that live in my house. But some of it is pretty out there. I need to proof read better too dang iPhone used "ten" instead of "tin". Lol

·
Registered
890 Posts
i had that mailed to me before.
i refused to fill out, I started to, got a little too nosy and personal for my liking
they sent me "punishable by law threats" along with another book to fill out
I returned to sender with a nice little note written on top of census:
This census is in violation of my rights, any further harassment will result in myself taking legal action threw my attorney.

The population only census I do fill out.
Where did you throw your attorney?

·
Registered
890 Posts
For the record ... in the last census and any subsequent ones, I'm a Native American. Everyone born here should do the same.
I've been answering "American" under the race question for the last several decades. Rooms = "enough", and salary = "shrinking".

·
Registered
296 Posts
I don't get surveyed, called for jury duty or deal with the census. As far as my relationship with the Government is concerned, I'm the cooky neighbor they wave to which runs inside in fear of them wanting to borrow something.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
The census is only every ten years on the starting year of the decade. The census is used to gather information not only about how many people live in the US, but has always been used to gather demographic information. Since WWII that information is used to determine where federal monies are spent on things like infrastructure, education, etc. Constitutionally, all you have to give information on is your name, age, and place of birth. These days, that might put you on a list of those who don't cooperate.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts