6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one of these cans? Supposed to be very nice and the 5 is insanely light (7.6 oz maybe?).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
493 Posts
I can’t speak to the 5 or 7” Ultras, but I do have an Ultra 9 that is extremely impressive. The fit and finish on the TBAC products is impeccable, and even the 9” is still lighter than my Dead Air Sandman S. Sound reduction is excellent, and I frequently run it in my 18.5” Howa 1500 in .308 without ears for hunting. Just be aware that if your dealer doesn’t have it in stock TBAC currently has about a 4-6 week production backlog, so it might take a little longer to get.

They’re pricey, but well worth the cost IMO, and TBAC has great customer service if you ever have any issues. Buy with confidence.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I've got the Ultra 7 on a 12.5" ARP 6.8 and love it. Direct thread. It was the lightest can rated for 12.5" 6.8 when I bought it. They make a great combo for a hunting rig. I occasionally use it on an 18" 308 Ruger American Predator- there is a 3/4" downward shift in POI at 100 yards when it is on vs. zeroed with no can.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad y’all like them...
I just ordered one of each.
These cans keep multiplying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the TBAC 9" as well. It is extremely quiet on my precision bolt guns. It adds some noticeable length, but almost no weight.

I know you will enjoy them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I own the Ultra 5 on a 12" sbr that is scoped and suppressed at under 5lbs. The suppressor is not super quiet but on a gas gun the reduced port noise from less blowback is acceptable. In my experience port noise is the biggest enemy towards suppression. I find it is an excellent compromise for weight and suppression. Even my omega on a subsonic blackout is relatively loud so I am extremely happy with the performance of this suppressor comparatively speaking. I would love to get a few of their cans to swap out for range and field use however. As I understand it the 5" has reduced port noise compared to the longer cans.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Little late here, but I'm using the 7 and absolutely love it. It's a great compromise between weight/length and suppression. I'm also waiting on a 9 at the moment and hope to add a 5 at some point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts