6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Looks like you were using your PVS-14 with a Eotech. Thanks for using a 12" SBR. Good to see that the SBRs are working. Do you have a option about the 85gr TSX yet? Big moon so PVS-14 works great.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like you were using your PVS-14 with a Eotech. Thanks for using a 12" SBR. Good to see that the SBRs are working. Do you have a option about the 85gr TSX yet? Big moon so PVS-14 works great.
I'm not sure how you get pvs-14 out of a thermal video :)

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
Gotta be frustrating to have lethal hits, but, they continue to run amuck while they're finding out they're already dead. I've been saving my 85s for use with my 8.5" pistol... I'm rethinking that choice now. They'll probably get used with my 16". Thanks for this one.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Performance

Again, nice shooting. However, I would be a bit concerned with animals running like these. They're were not 1 or two, but three that did. I'm not impressed, but haven't had the swine experience you have. It appears to me these lighter bullets lack that hydrostatic shock a larger/heavier bullet may provide. Exit wounds show good expansion and terminal performance, but lacks that 'knock down'. I would have thought I missed some of those shots. Maybe you can speak on your overall success/concern with these bullets. Ya know, with the Accubond line now extinct, I'm always looking for a replacement. Thanks!

But, a dead hog is a dead hog! Nice Tx!

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Again, nice shooting. However, I would be a bit concerned with animals running like these. They're were not 1 or two, but three that did. I'm not impressed, but haven't had the swine experience you have. It appears to me these lighter bullets lack that hydrostatic shock a larger/heavier bullet may provide. Exit wounds show good expansion and terminal performance, but lacks that 'knock down'. I would have thought I missed some of those shots. Maybe you can speak on your overall success/concern with these bullets. Ya know, with the Accubond line now extinct, I'm always looking for a replacement. Thanks!

But, a dead hog is a dead hog! Nice Tx!
These are accurate and flat shooting. In real time the thuds on the hogs was very noticeable not sure why it did not pick up on the recorder. I've been shooting almost every hog for the last six months or so with the 12.7" most have been DRT. You do pay a price for the convenience of a SBR which showed in my last ballistics gel test. Using just these three hogs as an example is bad. Hog's are very tough and I've had the same thing happen shooting a 16" with 120sst's and a M1a .308 sometimes they just wont go down. Now if this started happening every time I go out then we have a problem.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
These are accurate and flat shooting. In real time the thuds on the hogs was very noticeable not sure why it did not pick up on the recorder. I've been shooting almost every hog for the last six months or so with the 12.7" most have been DRT. You do pay a price for the convenience of a SBR which showed in my last ballistics gel test. Using just these three hogs as an example is bad. Hog's are very tough and I've had the same thing happen shooting a 16" with 120sst's and a M1a .308 sometimes they just wont go down. Now if this started happening every time I go out then we have a problem.
Understood. I've seen a 308 overpenetrate if the shot is OFF by just a bit, and the hog hauls! I guess in some instances barrel length is necessary.

thanks again and good shooting!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts