6.8 SPC Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Uncle Mikes for holster , look on EBay under T/C Encore holster. I have one T/C branded that I picked up some time ago, not sure T/C still selling accessories, but UM should do the trick. I'm currently using Leupold VX3 2.5 X 8 Handgun scope on mine, their damn proud of these things $$, but most show out of stock anyway, maybe you can find something comparable. . The sling on the Pachmayr grips I posted above works really well for me. Simple short nylon sling with QD swivels. Good luck on those 350 yd pistol shots o_O . Post pictures of your T/C, here, if no pics, it didn't happen. regards
Thanks, I did check out the Uncle Mikes at a local Sportsman Warehouse. The problems I’m having with finding a holster is most holsters are made for the shorter 12” barrels and I’m left handed. Both barrels, including the factory 22-250 barrel (14.75”) are longer. The 6.8 barrel is 15.75” I’ll probably go with the sling you recommend. There are some surprisingly inexpensive leather holsters available for the T/C, but again, most only fit the 12” barrel. Some say they’ll hold a 14” barrel but I don’t like buying something online without being able to checking fit first. I may have to have one custom made?

I couldn’t even find a case for the longer barreled T/C. As it turned out, a case I have for a takedown recurve bow holds the gun and other barrel with scopes and a box of ammo for each, near perfectly.

How is the sight picture with your scope on the higher magnification, especially at longer ranges? Minute of deer? Am I being to optimistic?

· Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Here is a little eye candy. The 6.8 SPCII barrel is mounted. It has a Simmons fixed 3X illuminated duplex on it.
Musical instrument Wood Wind instrument Musical instrument accessory Metal

· Registered
1,484 Posts
Look at these, never seen one but they have left 15" option.

......nice looking T/C

· Registered
152 Posts
Burris still makes a 3x12 pistol scope. I have one on a 6mmBR XP-100 and really like it. At the higher magnification the eye relief gets a little shorter and the field of view shrinks but thats going to happen with any variable scope. I just hunt with it on 3x and then crank it up as needed.
The XP is also equipped with a sling setup and it works quiet well.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts