6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the IC and Electronic Markets http://tippie.uiowa.edu/iem/ are predicting that Hillary will easily win this year's presidential election. They have an accuracy rate in the 80%+ range.

Question; Will we see the same kind of shortages in reloading components again as we did in with the 2012 election?

Daniel

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
IF Billary gets back in power it would be the start of another era of 2nd Amendment attacks. Every aspect of buying, owning, shooting, hunting, reloading will be adversely affected. It doesn't take much imagination to visualize a more stringent "assault weapon ban", requiring a federal license to buy limited amounts of ammo, a 100 count max on primers and other "get rid of guns" legislation.
Of course, that will also depend on IF the current Republican majority in the Senate and House of Representatives is lost and the Democrats gain majority.

The American Taxpayer vote will be the deciding factor. Let us hope our gun friends ALL get out and vote....or it will be a very long 8 years of Billary.

·
Registered
5,502 Posts
We always do during election time, especially if an anti-gun is running. I personally stock up to hold me over of 2 years minimum, that includes loaded ammo and reload components.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
Vote!!

yes, quick lets all go out and panic buy, that will help the situation.:a32: I've said from the start when she announced she was running, that she was going to win

people should have learned the last 2 or 3 times this happened, you need to watch your supply of ammo and reloading supplies and buy in bulk to offset shipping prices when you can find what you want/need and can afford it

22LR still has not come back to the store shelves on a normal basis, but I have bought over 10,000 rounds over the past 3 years at 4-5 cents per round when they are available

just look at what happened the last few times and stock up on supplies slowly ahead of time, powder was $40-50/pound from the scalpers, 22lr was 10 cents per round, primers were $50-60/1000, and loaded ammo was double it's normal cost if you could find it...people were lining up the night before to see what the stores stocked on the shelves over night, lines at walmart were 50 people deep

plan ahead, it's never going to be "back to normal" , election years are always worse than others

when the panic buying starts, then my "shooting for pleasure" slows down and I tend to "conserve my resources"---- 3 gun matches will definitely have less active people that's for sure

buy first what you remember was scarce on the shelves last time... I remember that one of the last things to disappear off the shelf was 20 gauge shells, go buy a 20 gauge over/under shot gun and you should be fine :a21:

we all know she is anti-gun so we should have seen this coming a long time ago, she will definitely try to get more laws on the books, we are better off fighting her tooth and nail than we are going out and panic buying
--- for an extreme example: if she could somehow make all ammo illegal, you may have stockpiled millions of rounds of ammo, but the fact still stands that that ammo is still illegal---

fight with your voice, your pen, your brain, and your voting power!!! I hope that someday, Americans will become Americans once again

·
Registered
690 Posts
yes, quick lets all go out and panic buy, that will help the situation.:a32: I've said from the start when she announced she was running, that she was going to win people should have learned the last 2 or 3 times this happened, you need to watch your supply of ammo and reloading supplies and buy in bulk to offset shipping prices when you can find what you want/need and can afford it 22LR still has not come back to the store shelves on a normal basis, but I have bought over 10,000 rounds over the past 3 years at 4-5 cents per round when they are available just look at what happened the last few times and stock up on supplies slowly ahead of time, powder was $40-50/pound from the scalpers, 22lr was 10 cents per round, primers were $50-60/1000, and loaded ammo was double it's normal cost if you could find it...people were lining up the night before to see what the stores stocked on the shelves over night, lines at walmart were 50 people deep plan ahead, it's never going to be "back to normal" , election years are always worse than others when the panic buying starts, then my "shooting for pleasure" slows down and I tend to "conserve my resources"---- 3 gun matches will definitely have less active people that's for sure buy first what you remember was scarce on the shelves last time... I remember that one of the last things to disappear off the shelf was 20 gauge shells, go buy a 20 gauge over/under shot gun and you should be fine :a21: we all know she is anti-gun so we should have seen this coming a long time ago, she will definitely try to get more laws on the books, we are better off fighting her tooth and nail than we are going out and panic buying --- for an extreme example: if she could somehow make all ammo illegal, you may have stockpiled millions of rounds of ammo, but the fact still stands that that ammo is still illegal--- fight with your voice, your pen, your brain, and your voting power!!! I hope that someday, Americans will become Americans once again
What he said! Stay ahead of the game, i can't tell you how many people wait until they can't get it and 'freak' when they get scalped buying during panic mode. I agree, plan ahead.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think you guys give up too easy. I don't think she is a lock by any means.
People are sick of the liberal policies and many have already made their
mind up. It is still a long way to election.

Portraying her as the defacto winner is exactly what the media wants
everyone to believe.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The election won't be Reagan 49 state big, but Trump will win with relative ease. Just remember, campaign laws exist to stifle the right wing. Hillary has a full campaign on the nightly "news", without any ads. Yet she is not in a lead. Trump has more primary votes than anybody in recent times. For the same reason as Reagan. Democrats will vote for him too.

This is as good as I can do, without stating whom to vote for, and therefore violating site rules.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
I think you guys give up too easy. I don't think she is a lock by any means.
People are sick of the liberal policies and many have already made their
mind up. It is still a long way to election.

Portraying her as the defacto winner is exactly what the media wants
everyone to believe.
She isn't a lock. It's who she's running against. He's negatives are higher than hers.
I'm not convinced he'll have as great of a turn out as some suspect. But with another four plus months to go before the election, a lot can happen to change the outcome.

·
Registered
787 Posts
The election won't be Reagan 49 state big, but Trump will win with relative ease. Just remember, campaign laws exist to stifle the right wing. Hillary has a full campaign on the nightly "news", without any ads. Yet she is not in a lead. Trump has more primary votes than anybody in recent times. For the same reason as Reagan. Democrats will vote for him too.

This is as good as I can do, without stating whom to vote for, and therefore violating site rules.
All one can do is hope.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Seems the IC and Electronic Markets http://tippie.uiowa.edu/iem/ are predicting that Hillary will easily win this year's presidential election. They have an accuracy rate in the 80%+ range.

Question; Will we see the same kind of shortages in reloading components again as we did in with the 2012 election?

Daniel
bah... she'll be indicted before she's elected anything.
The UK voted itself out of the EU yesterday. That's a good sign. The "spirit of independence" is running amok ... lefties are apoplectic. Kinda fun to watch. :a32:
Liberty is contagious: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-how-france-italy-and-the-netherlands-now-wa/

On the other hand, you hoarders annoy me.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
I am really hoping. All Trump has to do is stay "Presidential".
He was on a golf course this morning. I think that meets the current standard for "Presidential".

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Look at something for a minute:
Hillary spent $42 million to break even in the polls with Trump, who only spent $1.3 million
Trump gets free publicity by making radical statements and then clarifying his position - brilliant strategy!
He has gotten enough electorate votes for the nomination while the media said he couldn't!
He strikes fear in the career politician's hearts and admiration from the common man
He knows how to manipulate people and can be ruthless when necessary
He don't care who he offends
His attack on Hillary has only begun and she'll do good to survive the attacks
He'll either put us back on track or die trying
I hope his security team is on high alert
God bless him for his willingness to fight!

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
Hillary spent $42 million to break even in the polls with Trump, who only spent $1.3 million
Trump gets free publicity by making radical statements and then clarifying his position - brilliant strategy!
He has gotten enough electorate votes for the nomination while the media said he couldn't!
He strikes fear in the career politician's hearts and admiration from the common man
Amen brother!

All the experts said he would never make it passed the first few primaries. Look at pundits on Brexit. It's been a crazy year.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Something else to think about:

All those polls saying Hillary is going to win are based on historical precedent and paradigms that have no bearing at all on the current election cycle. Every conventional more and precedent has been turned on its head. Trump has derailed that train long ago. Against all the odds, and prognostications that "this time he's gone too far", he has confused, and confounded the pundits and the political opposition.

He lucked out by being in Scotland during the Brexit vote, by Obama chastising the Brits on their own soil for even thinking about leaving the EU (and not so subtlely threatening them on trade if they did), and all that on the heels of a very presidential speech savaging Hillary. Now everybody is saying Trump will benefit from the new spirit of nationalism sweeping over Europe.

Hillary, on the other hand, is spending money like a drunken sailor, and not getting any traction. The email scandal is still hanging over her head, and new revelations there are still coming weekly. Pressure is increasing on the FBI to call for an indictment, and the DoJ to hand it to a grand jury. As a result, she and Trump are running more or less even. Btw, when Reagan was running his for his first term, he was almost 20 points down against Carter at this point. He won in a landslide, walking away.

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
I am surprised nobody seems concerned about voter fraud. It concerns me greatly.
That is a given. Historically there has been a growing number of pets and deceased voting. Another one is the states with mail-in voting only as if the favored candidate is not winning then they suddenly find bushels of "misplaced or forgotten" ballots that turn the tide.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I don't put anything pass this corrupt bunch of politicians and lying news media... and yes I hope Trump doubles his security

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
The problem with his "radical statements" is the media blasts them continuously everywhere, then ignores the "clarifying" statements. Most people never hear anything, but the radical part, I have to go to a fair amount of effort to find his complete comments. The majority of people will NEVER go to that effort.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.