6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as it states , i am looking to have my fal barrel shortened to 16". trying to figure if it will be cheaper to cut and rethread barrel or just buy a new one . any suggestions guys?

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Have two barrel assemblies which will eventually lead to two rifles! Or if you don't want the long heavy barrel at all, how about selling it to offset the carbine barrel assembly purchase?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i was looking to have my existing barrel cut. a whole upper assy. is WAY too expensive!! I was looking at a 16"barrel from DSA for 250 but then i have to install/index it. i would like to keep it below 250$ . So i am just looking to chop it.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Call DSA direct and ask them if it can be done or if they know a gunsmith in your area. Steve at ADCO one of our site sponsors may have the ability to handle this for you.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sent both emails ! hoping for a good answer.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I had a 16" FAL for a few years and it was great. Go to the FAL Files and look up Randy Kline aka "Sledgehammer." He has cut and threaded a bunch of barrels for my dad and I and every one was perfect and his prices are reasonable. I really cannot recommend him enough. He might have a web sight now. Do a search for Sledgehammer Small Arms Works.

·
Registered
63 Posts
huff said:
I had a 16" FAL for a few years and it was great. Go to the FAL Files and look up Randy Kline aka "Sledgehammer." He has cut and threaded a bunch of barrels for my dad and I and every one was perfect and his prices are reasonable. I really cannot recommend him enough. He might have a web sight now. Do a search for Sledgehammer Small Arms Works.
I also recommend Randy. He chopped my FAL barrel down to 17.75" (I think) and it runs great. The price was very good, turnaround was fast, and he always put up with my stupid questions very curteously.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts