6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

After driving all over Friday evening - Saturday morning, afternoon and evening - and also Sunday morning. Calling at multiple multiple spots... and seeing nothing. As I was getting ready to head home my BIL is sitting in his living room watching TV and he yells get your rifle. From his easy chair, he spotted one out in the pasture on the side of their house.

I nailed the thing a little further back than I wanted to. It's intestines were dangling out and the thing was like a tornado spinning and biting at it's guts. It was really kind of gruesome. But there's one less deer killer out there now.

The bullet was 115 grain Federal Fusion MSR. Range was about 200 yards (from the farm house in the distant background).

Peace

·
Administrator
22,080 Posts
Congrats ! Killed it dead... best way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice job!
Thanks.

Looks like the 115 fusion is a pretty nasty little bullet even on small thin skinned critters.
Yeah, I like them. I killed a deer last fall with one. I'm shooting some Nosler 115 grain as well. I'm trying to keep it simple, only one weight (trajectory) to have to remember.

Congrats ! Killed it dead... best way.
Yep, it was dead, after biting off it own intestines off... it's was really kind of a horrible way to die. Sucks to be coyote. My friend joked, were'd you get the Plush Toy Coyote. I responded, ha-ha, yep, plush toy coyote with lifelike bloody intestines hanging out. Good times.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Yeah 115 fusions are great coyote cronkers, use them in my Mini 6.8 on problem critters. Not as many around here than the more farmy places. Also the wolves sort of keep their numbers down.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nice shooting indeed. I have tons of yotes but they only come out at night unfortunately.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Here in NC we do have as many only killed 3 this year. Here the key is to be in the right place where they are. Might try this weekend to call some in. Have not seen any action on game cam. Need some bate maybe some cheap dog food.

·
Registered
19 Posts
68 addict- Great shot!!

Here in NC we do have as many only killed 3 this year. Here the key is to be in the right place where they are. Might try this weekend to call some in. Have not seen any action on game cam. Need some bate maybe some cheap dog food.
If you have any tips on calling them in, let me know. Been trying for a few weeks now with no success. I have had success feeding them dog food but only on camera. :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
oof. I can smell that damn thing from here.

Never understood how people can get accustomed enough to that smell to peel one for a winter pelt.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts