6.8 SPC Forums banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Agreed, I might just take it as well. Won't it be some serious stress having to re-profile a nitrided barrel? Sounds like a lot of tooling is going to get eaten up. Very interested to see the picture.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts

Center is the Savage at 2lb 14oz, top is a 20" 6.8 2lb 10oz, bottom the lightweight 308-AR10.
1)If you have a stock cut for the light sporter contour the barrel will not fit in the stock without opening the stock channel.
2) The weight of the barrel is probably(edit) 2lb 14oz ...This has been one of those weeks, scale was acting up and now in the garbage. I'll try to find one in town today.

·
Registered
490 Posts
For $125 I'd definitely take one, but I only put in for one so that would burn up my one. If I could get one of those and also get one of the properly contoured ones I'd do that.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
They are not making a new batch of barrels so there would not be enough to go around. This fix will probably take 2 months with all the shipping involved.

If anyone wants to cancel altogether just say "cancel".

·
Registered
490 Posts
Maybe I'll see if there are any cancelations, but otherwise I'd wait for the properly contoured one. So recontoured and re-nitrided? Any concerns about that?

-Stooxie

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Weight of Savage 2lb 14oz and 20" 6.8 AR barrel is 2lb 10 oz. After re-profile it will probably be close to the 20" at 2lb 10oz.

Well this just keeps getting better and better, the barrels are 3R 11.25 twist. Yes it is a better configuration but they should have been 5R. They said the 5R button had a rough spot and would have pulled the material leaving a line in the groove.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
If you want one of these barrels as is, there are 5 on the website, bottom of 6.8 page. At this point they are reserved for those on the list.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I don't mind waiting. This was going to be a "future project" gun anyways. Actually works out as my hours/pay are still cut from covid-craziness.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm fine with the mix up but hate that you're gonna get screwed H. I went ahead and placed my order with some extra goodies. Thanks for offering this for the group!

Reactions: MBW36330

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
From the looks of the amount of people that have contacted me with their real name, there will be a lot of these left over and available when they get back. We are still several weeks out.

·
Registered
490 Posts
BTW, just noticed the barrel says 3R on it, the spec on page 1 show 5R. Is that another mistake? All I plan to shoot is XM68GD. Maybe a few other typical hunting rounds, but no hand loads.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
BTW, just noticed the barrel says 3R on it, the spec on page 1 show 5R. Is that another mistake? All I plan to shoot is XM68GD. Maybe a few other typical hunting rounds, but no hand loads.

-Stooxie
See post 88

·
Registered
25 Posts
From the looks of the amount of people that have contacted me with their real name, there will be a lot of these left over and available when they get back. We are still several weeks out.
If there’ll still be a few available, I’d really like one. Are you still taking names?

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
If there’ll still be a few available, I’d really like one. Are you still taking names?
The lighter sporter profile are spoken for, there will be some of the heavier ones available since several of the original people dropped out.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
16 Of these should be here Monday, the product listing on the website shows who they are reserved for.
Apx half of the people on the original list have not contacted me so about 15 were left heavy and they will be up for grabs in apx 2 weeks.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts