6.8 SPC Forums banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Roger, thanks for the FYI. Only problem is with this Corona virus crap, I'm bored now. Maybe I'll have to buy another AR barrel and build something in the meantime...

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Roger, thanks for the FYI. Only problem is with this Corona virus crap, I'm bored now. Maybe I'll have to buy another AR barrel and build something in the meantime...
Start looking for good deals on ammo or reload. I'm trying to find a certain ammo that is no longer being produced.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
The barrels are being Melonite treated this week. I will add them to the site later in the week reserved for those who are on the list.
Sorry this took longer than expected.

·
Registered
490 Posts
No updates here so the barrels still aren't posted yet, right? Not being impatient, I am just paranoid about missing something.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
819 Posts
I was in touch with H yesterday about this and apparently the company treating the barrels is dragging their feet. He still hasn’t received them back yet and didn’t have a guess on how much longer.

Reactions: stooxie

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
We are getting close. I need everyone that reserved a barrel to PM me with your real name to link the screen name used to reserve and the real name used to purchase.

We are still backed up from previous orders but after we clean and inspect the barrels next week we may be able to ship some.

If you have changed you mind and no longer want a barrel PM me also. I don't need an excuse just say "cancel" and that will free up barrels for guys that came in late.
Thanks

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Well, welcome to SHIT week, similar to shark week but different. The barrels were profiled wrong and I didn't catch it. The drawing I saw looked to be a standard Savage sporter contour with a .725" muzzle which is pretty lightweight. The barrels that came in today are a straight taper! I don't know how much they weigh but I'll figure out tomorrow. I' don't know what I am going to do with them either after waiting almost 5 months. I'll let you guys know when I hear back from them. weighed 2lb 14oz.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Post a picture, maybe offer them to us at a crazy low price and I'll buy one of those and one of the properly profiled ones. I wouldn't mind a couple of profiles.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
504 Posts
If you decide to hang onto them, H, I’ll still take one. To be honest, I take a savage barrel from you if it was pencil profile or just rifled bar stock.

ETA: Just a moment too late. Good things come to those who wait, and all that. Guess I’ll just have to content myself with a Wylde build this summer.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I'll post a photo beside a sporter profile when I have a minute. Then if you want one of them let me know. They are pretty and I'm sure they would be accurate just heavy.

61 - 80 of 120 Posts