6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,695 Posts
Be sure you get the right one, the right size shank and thread pitch and not a Remage barrel nut which is a savage style barrel nut used to fit a Remington 700 receiver.

There’s large and small shank barrel nuts & receivers.

These barrels should accept small shank barrel nuts.

You guys looking for a donor rifle, make sure you know what your looking at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your pic shows Large Shank and Standard Shank but you say we need the small shank nut. So the small shank is different than the ones in the pic?

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I guess I should have been clearer with my question. When I said, "any reason any of them wouldn't work" I meant any SMALL SHANK barrel nut, of which there are plenty from different vendors. I'm well aware that there are two different sizes.

-Stooxie

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
I guess I should have been clearer with my question. When I said, "any reason any of them wouldn't work" I meant any SMALL SHANK barrel nut, of which there are plenty from different vendors. I'm well aware that there are two different sizes.

-Stooxie
He just wanted to make sure everyone knew these barrels would have the small shank.

I don't have much experience in different barrel nuts, I purchased 1 for the 1 Savage I have and it works, no idea what brand it was.

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts

-Stooxie
Yes, as far as I know all small shank savage barrel nuts are the same thread pitch.

There are some short actions out there that use a large shank, per my reasoning of the post.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I can’t find 6.8 spc ii go/no go gauges on Pacific Tool’s website. Will the regular 6.8 spc gauges work?

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
I can’t find 6.8 spc ii go/no go gauges on Pacific Tool’s website. Will the regular 6.8 spc gauges work?
Yes! There are no SPC II gauges, 6.8 SPC the II has nothing to do with headspace.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes! There are no SPC II gauges, 6.8 SPC the II has nothing to do with headspace.

Yeah, that makes sense. Gauges won’t have anything to do with freebore. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,757 Posts
Just an FYI but the Remington 783 takes the same tenon thread and same barrel nuts as the Savage small shank. Just another option. In my opinion it is a better design anyway. Very strong actions.

·
Super Moderator
5,969 Posts
Just an FYI but the Remington 783 takes the same tenon thread and same barrel nuts as the Savage small shank. Just another option. In my opinion it is a better design anyway. Very strong actions.
I just was on the phone with my SOT buddy we were just discussing this.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I’ve been back and forth on this, but go ahead and put me down for 1 please.

·
Registered
13,751 Posts
Constructor, What profile are you going with? sporter/Palma, or a straight taper/match/magnum?
Everyone wanted a light sporter, specs are in one of these threads.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I just wish they were available in left hand!

·
Registered
56 Posts
H, do you want us to pre pay for these? If so how do we do so?
I asked Greentick. Here is what he told me.

H will usually announce when they're ready. He'll put them up on AR15performance.com and when you order you put your screen name in the "comments" field.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts