6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
List of names from the other thread. If you posted on that, I should have your name and number of barrels you want.

This is just a headcount thread if you are interested in a barrel with listed specifications. No opinions or chit-chat in this thread please.

Specs: 18", nitride, threaded, 0
.725" just behind the threads, weight about 2lb 10-2lb 12oz. 5R, 11.25 twist.

Cost: $175.00 + Shipping

Total committed: 27 (maybe 31)

The list, in alphabetical order:
AzCasper, 2
bedlamite, 1 (maybe 2)
BH Pilot, 1
Bladeslapper, 1 (maybe 2)
Buell056, 2
Chopperdrvr, 1
DHurt, 1
Dogcompany, 1
Equalizer_2, 1
greentick, 1
Leatherneck, 1
Lightscout, 2
Rick F, 1 (maybe 2)
Ryans1780, 1
semi_cop, 2, (possibly 3)
shorter, 1
smallhorse, 1
stooxie, 1
TLB2, 1
Txruger, 3
68spcHunter, 1

·
Registered
8,738 Posts
I'm in for one.

·
Super Moderator
5,989 Posts
I added a couple barrels. 2 for sure possibly a total of 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited by Moderator)
I added a couple barrels. 2 for sure possibly a total of 3.

Nice. With the maybe's we're at the 25 mark.

semi_cop, did you add in "happy" between you and stooxie? I don’t know how “happy” got inserted in there. I deleted it though.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Put me down for 1

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTT in case anyone missed it.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Price update

H says he can do them for $175 plus shipping. It will probably take 2-3 months.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Do we have enough to go, with me getting one barrel? No matter if I must do two, someone will come along "Gee, I wish I had ordered one". LOL

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
There will be 25 made plus whatever extras they run for a safety margin.
This is the list for first dibs, no maybe's.

The list, in alphabetical order:
AzCasper, 2
bedlamite, 1 (maybe 2)
BH Pilot, 1
Bladeslapper, 1 (maybe 2)
Buell056, 2
Chopperdrvr, 1
DHurt, 1
Dogcompany, 1
Equalizer_2, 1
greentick, 1
Lightscout, 2
Rick F, 1 (maybe 2)
Ryans1780, 1
semi_cop, 2, (possibly 3)
stooxie, 1
TLB2, 1
Txruger, 2
68spcHunter, 1

·
Registered
4,913 Posts
Looking forward to see this happen, really want to see how people went with the rest of the bolt rifle.

There are thousands of Savage rifle with the shorter actions up to 308 length. The real challenge will be discovering the magazine Savage uses in their 224 Valkyrie and the Savage 224 Val bolt assembly.

Got 18 people signed up, lets see who gets to the secrets of the build.

Me I am going to the garage and look for extra Savage parts and tools that work, got an extra go and no-go gage set somewhere.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Looking forward to see this happen, really want to see how people went with the rest of the bolt rifle.

There are thousands of Savage rifle with the shorter actions up to 308 length. The real challenge will be discovering the magazine Savage uses in their 224 Valkyrie and the Savage 224 Val bolt assembly.

Got 18 people signed up, lets see who gets to the secrets of the build.

Me I am going to the garage and look for extra Savage parts and tools that work, got an extra go and no-go gage set somewhere.
I’m a complete newby to the Savage platform, so I bought one of their “Prairie Hunter” rifles in.224 Valkyrie. It looks like the magazine is the same as a .308 length but utilizes a small block at the back of the box to limit the round movement front to back. I won’t have to be concerned about the bolt with the.224 V bolt. From what I have learned so far I should be able to just swap barrels and I’m good to go.

·
Super Moderator
11,860 Posts
I’m a complete newby to the Savage platform, so I bought one of their “Prairie Hunter” rifles in.224 Valkyrie. It looks like the magazine is the same as a .308 length but utilizes a small block at the back of the box to limit the round movement front to back. I won’t have to be concerned about the bolt with the.224 V bolt. From what I have learned so far I should be able to just swap barrels and I’m good to go.
Yes sir, that is correct. May I ask where you found the rifle? I have not yet seen a distributor who even lists it and all the retail online sights that do list it show it as "out of stock" which usually means they never had it, just listing it in advance figuring it will draw traffic from search engines.

·
Super Moderator
5,989 Posts
Can I ask H if he has a recommendation on Savage barrel nut? Any reason any of them wouldn't work? I would probably do this one in DLC:

https://bighornarms.com/product/12-point-barrel-nut/

Or maybe the PVA one in nitride.

-Stooxie
Be sure you get the right one, the right size shank and thread pitch and not a Remage barrel nut which is a savage style barrel nut used to fit a Remington 700 receiver.

There’s large and small shank barrel nuts & receivers.

These barrels should accept small shank barrel nuts.

You guys looking for a donor rifle, make sure you know what your looking at.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Yes sir, that is correct. May I ask where you found the rifle? I have not yet seen a distributor who even lists it and all the retail online sights that do list it show it as "out of stock" which usually means they never had it, just listing it in advance figuring it will draw traffic from search engines.
I found several on Gunbroker in stock and paid pretty much retail price. Not a very good deal, but it came with the accufit stock with a varmint barrel channel so I won't have to do any stock mods. The only additional expense I have to worry about is the barrel. I purchased mine from Shooting Surplus.com in Ruston, LA. They didn't charge shipping or CC fees so I thought is was a fair deal. Also, I couldn't find any listing for this rifle on Savage's website so I didn't know if they already discontinued the model due to lack of sales.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts