6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and didn't see anything recent on 6.8 magazines. Is C products still at the top or has another manufacturer come out recently with a better product? Will a Magpul .308 mag. work with the 6.8? I see LWRC has a Pmag that works in their gun. Can I somehow make it work in a lower other than a LWRC?

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I did a search and didn't see anything recent on 6.8 magazines. Is C products still at the top or has another manufacturer come out recently with a better product? Will a Magpul .308 mag. work with the 6.8? I see LWRC has a Pmag that works in their gun. Can I somehow make it work in a lower other than a LWRC?
While I don't know if CPD is at the top for 6.8 mags, I think the consensus is that they're not bad *if* you can get them. I use PRI and ASC. I don't think anyone has come out with anything new in 6.8 mags lately, aside from CPD using a new coating. I seriously doubt if you can use an AR-10 .308 mag for 6.8. And no, the 6.8 Pmags will not work in a regular AR-15 lower, they are too wide.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Thanks guys. I knew about PRI, but the ASC's look really nice also, assuming they run well.
They run well enough for me to have about a dozen of them. They let you load out to around 2.314 on the new ones. Very nice and after hundreds of rounds down range with them I have had zero jams. The price is great and shipping direct from them has been very fast.

Greg

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
I beleive PRI is still at the top but expensive, the older flat sides if you can find them.

The ASC mags have been selling good for me, haven't had any sent back either. I have some personal CPD mags that work good also.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
No. The LWRC Six8 PMag mag is wider and longer, they had to redesign the AR15 to accept the new redesigned PMag made specifically for LWRC's Six8.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Who has the new ASC mags.

I bought 16 of the old CP SS mags that have the fragile finish but function very well. The 5 new CPD mags I bought early on are too short and now serve the 338 Spectre.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I have some older ar stoner mags. They run great but are limited in the length. 2.275 or so. I love the new asc mags but nothing beats the pri.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
I have a couple of those, I'm pretty sure they're re-branded ASC.

Never had an issue with them in my first 6.8, but I haven't tried them in my new build yet.
They look the same to me too, even the same follower.
I have several AR Stoner mags, and they're GTG.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Ahhhh, the endless magazine threads. Gotta love 'em.

You know, I tried a PRI a while back. One of the waffle kind. Seemed to work well, but seemed kinda noisy, and ratchety. Not smooth feeding as one would expect. I think they changed the design since then. I won't knock the quality of it though. I also tried a Barrett mag, and it had some feed issues, so I sold it. Seemed to be good quality, but the narrow stacking geometry seemed to be getting close to the limit of what these mags can handle. Then, on a whim, I found a sale on ASC 25 rd mags at Natchez a year or so ago. I bought like 10 of them. They all work great, and I got them for $8 a piece. Cheapest mags, and they work. The chalky gray finish of the ASC's is butt ugly, but I think that's the finish that makes it help feed better. I really don't care, because they work.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
My ASC and CPD magazines are nearly identical, except for the finish, which I consider unimportant. ASC makes the 15-round size I like, while CPD doesn't. I consider both brands superior to the PRI mags, due to ease of loading. All three easily accommodate my preferred OAL of 2.290".

BTW, all my mags were purchased before mid-2014 and all 3 brands required tweaking of the feed lips to get the bullet tips pointing slightly upward. Not sure if that condition is still the case with new mags, Chad at CPD seemed interested in fixing it. - CW

·
Registered
6,957 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
They run well enough for me to have about a dozen of them. They let you load out to around 3.14 on the new ones. Very nice and after hundreds of rounds down range with them I have had zero jams. The price is great and shipping direct from them has been very fast.

Greg
Hey Greg, shouldn't that be 2.314?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've got 10 and 25 round PRI mags and they all work great. Had some C-products a while back and they worked fine just liked the PRI better.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts