6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this particular forum. Joined because Im currently looking into a 6.8 AR build. Kinda leaning toward Model 1 Sales. Will be digging around here for a while though. Oh I almost forgot..Go Red Raiders.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Welcome aboard. I would try to get one of the X-Treme uppers that AR15Performance and Titan Arms are coming out with. Model1 are OK, but definitely not a top choice.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
Welcome! Another Texan in the house!

Model 1 has some good deals on 5.56 kits, and AR tools, but they aren't up to spec on 6.8 specs. All I will say is read the 6.8 barrel test posted at the top of the 6.8 discussion page. Look for results on the Model 1 Sales model submitted for testing. This is a scientific test conducted by two of our vendors, and a prominent member of this forum.

The low down for you to look up is you want the SPC II chamber, or DMR chamber, and 1:11 or 1:12 twist. There are some SPC II and 1:10's that are okay, but keep in mind the industry is moving to the 1:11 and 1:12 twist. You'll understand why once you read that report. It's all about reducing pressures and increasing velocities.

The Xtreme upper from Titan Armory and AR15Performance.com will be a super priced, top spec'd 6.8 upper designed by two experts who are tired of waiting on the manufacturers to catch up. $599 for 4150 steel, chrome lining, match dimensioned, hand assembled... get in line with the rest of us.

Stag also has new 1:11 barrels that are shipping in their new orders. There is a group buy on AR15.com from Legal Transfers for $599.

Both are the best deals in 6.8 right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts