6.8 SPC Forums banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!

Texas Governor Abbot signs Senate Bill 16...........lowest $ for LTC

477 Views 9 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Tanlover442
Texas Governor Abbot signs Senate Bill 16... $40 for LTC

Thought this would be of interest to fellow Forum Members:

On Friday morning 5/26/17, Governor Greg Abbott (R) signed into law Senate Bill 16, NRA-backed legislation that brings Texas' License To Carry application fees down to among the lowest in the country. Sponsored by State Sen. Robert Nichols (R-Jacksonville) and Joan Huffman (R-Houston), designated a priority bill of Lieutenant Governor Dan Patrick (R), and managed in the House by State Rep. Phil King (R-Weatherford), SB 16 significantly reduces LTC fees in the Lone Star State to make self-defense more affordable for all law-abiding Texans.
At $140, the current fee for an original Texas license is among the highest in the nation. SB 16 slashes the cost of an original license by $100 to just $40, and cuts the cost of a renewal license from $70 to $40. In other words, the annual cost of a five-year LTC would now be just $8 per year. The new law will take effect on September 1.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
GA is $35 but they allow each county to add their own fee up to $70. Luckily I pay $35 in my county and processing takes about two weeks. That is for a 5 year license.
GA is $35 but they allow each county to add their own fee up to $70. Luckily I pay $35 in my county and processing takes about two weeks. That is for a 5 year license.
My last renewal in Alabama was $75 for 5 years.
I just paid $75 in MN for a renewal. I don't remember it being more than that for the original. I should say that is for the class, I believe the cost can vary from class to class. I think the instructor can charge what he wants depending on if it is a renewal/new and how many people in class. This is for five years. This includes range time and classroom. The instructor turns in any paperwork that was required to be filled out and we get what looks like a credit card back from the state giving us permission to do what we should be able to do anyway.
I should have mentioned that $35 was for the original license. If I remember correctly the renewal was just $12 for another 5 years. GA has no classes required. I don't remember anything in the 2nd amendment talking about classes either. This whole permit thing is a scam so that the state can generate revenue on something that is your right as guaranteed by the constitution and the states have no legal say so about it (or shouldn't have) but this is the world we currently live in.
Colorado is not gun friendly anymore. If I remember correctly it cost $155 each for my wife and I to get our permits. We renewed this spring and it cost $156 for both of us.
Colorado is not gun friendly anymore. If I remember correctly it cost $155 each for my wife and I to get our permits. We renewed this spring and it cost $156 for both of us.
In co it depends on the county, my county is 112.50 for new and they mail you your renewal rate in the mail so I have no idea what it is right now--- a few years back the new fee was about $250 and renewals were 175, it has gone down some
There is a bill on the Texas Governor Abbots desk to allow online certification. That would be nice, if he signs it.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts