6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 in Texas was all about severe drought.
Even with keeping four protein feeders filled to promote health/growth of the deer herd, our crew of 9 hunters harvested zero mature bucks - by choice.
-
Hogs and coyotes were another matter though.
Six hogs and one yote down from one full Night in the blind - last photo.
AR Performance 30 Herrett AR (Tac30), firing 125 grn .308 Cavity Back monolithic bullet at 2750fps
from my 18" AR.

Trijicon MK3 IR Hunter (35mm) thermal scope, and Pulsar Axion2 XG35 LRF thermal laser range finder used to identify and eliminate...

The 30 Herrett AR is a wildcat on the 6.8 SPC case, obviously necked up from .277 to .308 cal.

Dennis

Dennis

· Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice haul. The fur on those coyotes looks real good, did you save them?

Of course dead hogs are always a good thing & I enjoy the pics.

What suppressor did you use for all your killvesting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks but the yotes offside was blown out and didn't look worth saving. The 30 cal tears them up badly.
The suppressor is a Rugged Surge 7.62, it does a great job confusing blast source to the critters.

· Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

· Premium Member
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That was a nice haul!
- Thanks. Our lease crew of 9 eliminated 105 hogs during the 2022 deer (buck) season.

I had not loaded anything for the TAC 30 or the 270MSR in a bit over a year and finally got myself in gear and started to make some the other day. It may be sacrilege, but every time I shoot the TAC 30, the thought passes thru my mind that it might have been a great success if the 6.8 had become the TAC 30 back at the beginning. There is something that just feels right about it every time I pull the trigger.

The 270 MSR is a bit the same way. It is very easy to load and it really delivers. I probably am using the wrong bullet as I have gone with the 105 because I like speed, but, I suspect it would be more effective at distance with 125 or 130's though I have not tested that premise.
- I need to restock my loads for the TAC 30, need to stay after the hogs.
I only ran my 270 AR with 120 grn Cavity Back MKZ's - 2903 fps out of my 20" barrel. -

Reactions: Strawdawg
1 - 4 of 4 Posts