6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a reply from Tangodown regarding their ARC mags and if they will be produced in 6.8spc. Heres a link to a pic I found for those that have not seen them yet:

These may be our answer to the pmag. They're not out yet and I have not found anything as far as severe testing goes so if anyone has any information it would be welcome.

Anyways the response to the email is as follows:
Dear Mr. Rexford,

Thank you for contacting us. If demand is sufficient, we will consider producing the ARC magazine in 6.8.

Best regards,
Customer Service
TangoDown Inc
4720 N. La Cholla Blvd
Suite #180
Tucson, AZ 85705
520.888.3376 p
520.888.3387 f

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
We can do another email campaign. Let's find their email address and introduce ourselves. It would be nice to have another source of mags.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Uh... yeah!!!!

If everyone isn't too blown out from the CP group buy,
perhaps we can get them kick started with an order for a few hundred. :twisted:

Any ETA on price???

·
Registered
104 Posts
sending:

Dear TD,

I have thoroughly enjoyed my TD products, refer them to others, and often check your offerings when I need new AR equipment. I have been following the discussion regarding your new ARC mags on www.m4carbine.net and www.68forums.net and am happy to see your innovation in this market.

6.8spc has an excellent and growing market which you are considering, and I highly encourage you to move forward. The buyers of 6.8 are very desirous to be able to purchase top quality polymer mags, and the market is obviously absent of that offering.

Thank you for your consideration,

·
Registered
82 Posts
I dunno, without the lip they'd be okay looking. And the lip was for a military contract, the civilian market mags wouldn't have that lip.

I sent them some encouragement from their web site "contact us" form. Hopefully if we all pile on they'll consider producing them.

Can't ever have too many choices when it comes to mags. 8)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
Can someone convince me why we need/want plastic mags?

I like the steel, I use HK's at work for the 556 and use the PRI's at the house for the 6.8

I just want to know why we love the Pmags and other steel mags as much?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Can someone convince me why we need/want plastic mags?

I like the steel, I use HK's at work for the 556 and use the PRI's at the house for the 6.8

I just want to know why we love the Pmags and other steel mags as much?
Durability and Price are the two reasons for the Pmags. I personally think these mags (Tango Down) are ugly, but if they feed well, cheap and easy to come by I might consider buying some. But I don't mind buying $40 Barrett mags...

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
carbinero said:
sending:

Dear TD,

I have thoroughly enjoyed my TD products, refer them to others, and often check your offerings when I need new AR equipment. I have been following the discussion regarding your new ARC mags on http://www.m4carbine.net and http://www.68forums.net and am happy to see your innovation in this market.

6.8spc has an excellent and growing market which you are considering, and I highly encourage you to move forward. The buyers of 6.8 are very desirous to be able to purchase top quality polymer mags, and the market is obviously absent of that offering.

Thank you for your consideration,
You do realize this sites web address is www.68forums.COM right?

·
Registered
410 Posts
I love pmags. They are cheap, light, and tough. I don't worry about bending feed lips when I drop them on the cement during reloads. And with our rights sure to be hammered coming up these mags may need to last the rest of our lives. Pmags also load and unload smoothly and the follower runs smooth in the mag and the spring is nice and, well, springy. That doesn't mean I don't have metal mags, too. I believe in variety.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I would have to buy some and try them out I guess....

·
Registered
135 Posts
These bring the term waffle mags to a WHOLE new level. Those things could actually physically hold syrup.

·
Registered
441 Posts
IIRC the reason PMag cannot do theirs in 6.8 is because of the thickness of the polymer required. I seem to remember that they said they could not make the polymer thick enough to be durable and still hold the 6.8 round and that was the limiting factor. So unless TD can find a way to make a stronger yet thinner polymer I suspect they would run into the same problems Mag-Pul did. And it would be a disaster for them to make the mag yet the polymer be so thin that if dropped it shattered. Unless of course they went with a single stack and how many would be interested in them if they did that???
I don't think I will be making plans on dumping my PRI and CP mags just yet.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Running a two piece design allows for so many more molding options. I can also see the two piece being much easier and more uniform of a mold to make.

Anyways I remember reading about magpul's issues and my thoughts are that the issue all goes back to swell over the main side panels. Well with these mags there's a big ass lip right in the middle and the lower portion can be molded thicker as well. Also you can offset the round staggering more longitudinally to beef up the polymer that is in the magwell as the lower portion is even thicker. This is where I think magpul ran into issues as to do that the mag had to be longer and with no reinforcing in the middle the panels still swelled. That or it was an injection molding issue.

Either way I'm curious to see what happens. But as they said in the email if there is enough 6.8 interest I'm in for a whole bunch of T&E :) A polymer 6.8 mag would be the cats ass and will help bring more notice to the 6.8

1 - 18 of 18 Posts