6.8 SPC Forums banner

Syrac Ordnance Adjustable gas blocks

6K views 26 replies 18 participants last post by  mogunr 
#1 ·
Any sponsors on here sale these? I'm looking for the Gen II - .750" Adjustable Low Pro Solid Gas Block - Melonite Finish. Thanks

#9 ·
I picked one of those up a while back from Right to bear, it's just sitting in my parts bin, it's going on my SBR when I get paperwork back someday. How is it working out for you so far?

#5 ·
i wanted the melonite treated Syrac blocks, could never find any "in stock". got the stainless block instead and kinda glad i did, makes seeing the teeeeeensy adjustment screw much easier. got em from Ranier

#10 ·
I've have 3 Syrac gas blocks and wouldn't be without them. CLP is your friend. Make sure you use a drop on the adjustment screw periodically and run it full closed/open. I left mine unadjusted for a year of shooting and it carboned up and locked. Syrac took care of it without issue.

#15 ·
Make sure you use a drop on the adjustment screw periodically and run it full closed.

YES! Say it again! Very impt. Ask me how I know :(

#12 ·
I tried to order from Syrac thinking I could get it faster being their made in the same state I'm in, well I made an order from Syrac a month ago they said they would have them 5/6/16, I needed two so I ordered one from Brownells and got it 7 day's later,,, I just looked they still show Syrac genII AR15/M16 adjustable .750 melonite block in stock $106'99,,, heck I my have to order my second one from them.
Mine are the set screw type they are out of the clamp on....

#18 ·
Mine are melonite but I don't believe ss would be any different.

#20 · (Edited)
Slr

My only complaint with the SLR over the Syrac (either generation) was on one of my 308 rifles using one load, I found the gas adjustment steps to be a little wider than I preferred. The minimum setting that locks back bolt reliably had ejection patern about 2 o'clock and the next setting less gas wouldn't lock back bolt.

The Syrac gave me an extra step in adjustment. But I have found the SLR to be more reliable. I have had trouble with both generation Syrac blocks locking up on me. I am basing my opinion on ejection pattern and lock back alone. My observations are certainly not scientific and may not apply to your rifle and load.

I generally only use one load per rifle but I think I could run into issues using different loads with either a fast powder versus something slower and more gassy like CFE223 in the same rifle with the SLR block?? But I honestly don't know because I've not tested it.

CFE223 is my preferred powder for many calibers and it produces a lot more gas and soot residue and could be the cause of my observations.

my current solution is to take the time to find the setting using the micro baby guvnah (spelling?) drill your own port gas block.

#21 ·
I have had trouble with both generation Syrac blocks locking up on me.
That's where a drop of CLP on the adjustment screw (close then open back up) provides the needed prevention.

#24 ·
Did they go out of business? Consider getting an SLR Sentry 7 adjustable gas block as an alternative.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.