6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Researching glass for my build project. I went to the Swampfox optics site. Does anyone out there have any experience with their products? The 1-10x Arrowhead sure looks appealing.
Thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have one of their Tomahawk 1-4 scopes and Kingslayer Micro Red Dot and like them both. So far the Arrowhead seems to get good reviews on another site I frequent.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Well I finally received my Arrowhead 1x10x24 with BDC-Green reticle and mounted it in a LT204 C.A.N mount. For the time being I put it on my Barrett M-468,but I'm planning on using it on my LMT 16' piston rifle. I decided to see how it compared to my 16 year old NF 2.5x10x24 NXS mounted in a LT-104 on my SCAR17 SBR . I tried to take pictures through both scopes with the reticles illuminated and not illuminated but since I suck at that none of them came out well enough to illustrate how they actually look. I compared both scopes at 2.5x , 6x , and 10x for brightness and edge to edge clarity as well as for usable illuminated reticle daylight brightnest. To say the the least I was impressed with the Arrowhead as it was every bit as clear and bright on all settings as my Nightforce and the reticle was daylight bright on setting 6 and above,while my NF was only daylight bright on setting 12 ! To be fair I had installed a new 2032 in the NF before the testing so both scopes would have fresh batteries.I wasn't able to do any shooting due to rain moving in,but I look forward to testing the tracking and BDC reticle accuracy as well as the return to zero in the near future. I'm not sure what advances in optic glass and lens coatings have occurred in the 16 years since I purchased my NF new for $800. I'm really happy that my new Arrowhead is able to stand toe to toe so far with the NF and I have only invested $412 in the Arrowhead. Only time will tell if it holds up as well as the NF,but so far count me as very happy I took the chance on the SwampFox ! I did finally get some pics.
1x No Illumination

1x with illumination

6x with illumination

10x with illumination

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also have a Leupold MK6 1x6x20 with TMR-D reticle on my 12.5 " 6.8 SBR that I want to do a side by side comparison with but since it is a FFP and the Swampfox is SFP that might be an apples to oranges comparison. Having said that just looking through them side by side both are very clear edge to edge. The brightness on the MK6 is better and you can have a daylight bright reticle on setting 4,whereas the Arrowhead reticle is daylight bright beginning on setting 6. Both seem to be ruggedly built and the price difference between the two is significant.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ARx3 your review helped me to finally place the order. With the 20% off discount from Daily Shooter, couldn’t pass on it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I too have a Tomahawk, 1-8 though. I classify them as toys, and please, that is just my opinion. My sample was a very, very early production sample and when I got it I immediately was impressed with the size of the picture, in other words when I look through the eyepiece the view just seems huge, and very, very bright, like I said, I was impressed. I immediately took it outside to get a better sense of what I had just spent my money on and was quickly disappointed. No matter what I tried I was, and am, unable to get the scope to focus into a sharp, clear picture. These types dont have a parallax adjustment so the only thing I can do is adjust the diopter ring on the eyepiece and that is not how these things are supposed to work. They're supposed to be focused usually from about t0 yards to infinity.
So of course I contact Mike @swampfox, the rep who's high praise and technical knowledge of this particular model is what convinced me to give them a shot. He was the new guy at SF who came over from PrimaryArms to work with SF Optics. He listed the features and praised up the specs to everybody over on M4C, including these new emitters that would give his new design true daylight bright capabilities, something else I noticed wasn't there along with a clear and focused picture.
I got THE biggest runaround from these people and a nice game of 50 questions, do I wear glasses, did I have them on, how far was I looking, was it daylight outside, and the questions kept getting more absurd the more they asked. Finally they asked me to send it back and they would have their team of technical experts look at it. 4 weeks and several emails later I got a response, nothing wrong with it, it's fine, must just be me. They then sent me that scope ba k after agreeing to give me a different sample and then I would know if it was me or that sample. When seeing that it was the same scope I emailed and inquired about the different one I was supposed to be sent and was told that since I had opened it that it could no longer be sold as new and I had to accept it. Then, they blocked my ability to email them further.
I'm happy your experience with them has been better than mine.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your input^^^ , albeit a little late...I do hope my experience with their product is better than yours...

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Received my Arrowhead 1-10x today, nice clear sight picture, I like the “Guerilla Dot BDC“ reticle, and illumination. I haven‘t taken a shot with my project yet, I’m waiting on some Pri mags. I’ll then get a clear idea of how my rifle and Arrowhead scope performs. First impression is a thumbs up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im looking at this scope also, debating between 1-10 and 1-8. Thinking that the 1-8 would have better eyebox and brightness at max power at dusk. This will be going on a hunting rifle so those 2 things are more important than the extra 2x. Keep us updated on how you like them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts