6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
View attachment 76744

320 lb Boar drilled with my ARP 30 Herrett / Tac 30.
125 gr Cavity Back MKZ @ 2750+ fps.
Chest circumference = 52 inches.

-
@Homebrewer, Good Load'n and Good hunt'n!馃憤
I got a question though, has anyone tried the 300 Ham'r 97gr-150gr projectiles out of the Tac30 Cartridge, I understand the 300 Ham'r projectiles are shorter and Stubbier, or are most of the bullets the 300 Ham'r uses the same as the bullets the Tac30 uses?
-And Thanks.

My go to bullet in my 30 Herrett / Tac30 rifles, is the Cavity Back 125gr MKZ.
I have also loaded and hunted with 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tip, and 130gr MK319's.
-
Both rounds fire .308 bullets, however the 30 Herrett has more horsepower, due to greater case capacity over 300 Ham'r.
I did test load 130gr Speer Hot Core in the Herrett at 2720+ fps. The Speer Hot Core is likely the optimum round for the Ham'r , and last I read, Wilson Combat quoted velocity at 2450-2500 fps with the Ham'r - considerably less than achieved with the 30 Herrett / Tac30.
-
There are other shooters on this forum that run the Ham'r with good results on hogs.
@OneK and @djones could likely assist with load data.

Hope this helps.
Awesome, thanks for the info. Where exactly could I find a Tac30/30 Herrett barrel?
From what I've researched AR Performance has temporarily cancelled production because of limited materials ect.. and I have yet to find anything.
I've found companies that chamber the American 30 Cartridge but none that chamber the Tac30 Cartridge..?

Will either need to find a 30 Herrett/Tac30 that someone is willing to sell, or purchase a new reamer from Pacific Tool and have a blank custom chambered... more expense.
So I'm gonna have to purchase a seperate 30 Herrett Reamer and Barrel then send it to a Barrel Company to have it chambered?
I'm curious as to if there's a Barrel Company that provides the individual Barrel itself and also offers the Chambering services for it..
- as long as I send them the 30 Harrett Reamer and whatever else is necessary? 馃

1 - 5 of 5 Posts