6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cargo pants Camouflage Military camouflage Hunting Military person

320 lb Boar drilled with my ARP 30 Herrett / Tac 30.
125 gr Cavity Back MKZ @ 2750+ fps.
Chest circumference = 52 inches.

-

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Showing some love for the Tac 30 with a huge boy there. Good job. I wish I could stand the heat to get after them again.
Thanks Chopper -
Truth is - this boar was shot May 22nd... Much cooler then.
Current temp here according to my Acu Rite weather station is 111 degrees.
I can't stand chasing hogs in this kind of heat either !

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
LOL. Sorry to tell you DJ... that hog measured an honest 52" chest circumference! BIG pig.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@Homebrewer, Good Load'n and Good hunt'n!👍
I got a question though, has anyone tried the 300 Ham'r 97gr-150gr projectiles out of the Tac30 Cartridge, I understand the 300 Ham'r projectiles are shorter and Stubbier, or are most of the bullets the 300 Ham'r uses the same as the bullets the Tac30 uses?
-And Thanks.
My go to bullet in my 30 Herrett / Tac30 rifles, is the Cavity Back 125gr MKZ.
I have also loaded and hunted with 125gr Nosler Ballistic Tip, and 130gr MK319's.
-
Both rounds fire .308 bullets, however the 30 Herrett has more horsepower, due to greater case capacity over 300 Ham'r.
I did test load 130gr Speer Hot Core in the Herrett at 2720+ fps. The Speer Hot Core is likely the optimum round for the Ham'r , and last I read, Wilson Combat quoted velocity at 2450-2500 fps with the Ham'r - considerably less than achieved with the 30 Herrett / Tac30.
-
There are other shooters on this forum that run the Ham'r with good results on hogs.
@OneK and @djones could likely assist with load data.

Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will either need to find a 30 Herrett/Tac30 that someone is willing to sell, or purchase a new reamer from Pacific Tool and have a blank custom chambered... more expense.

Reactions: Yamaraja
1 - 6 of 6 Posts