6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Missouri resident we now have the ability for the first time to own "transferable" suppressors as long as we possess an 01 or 03 FFL.

My question is...of the transferable suppressors on the market, which are best suited for the 6.8 SPC...?

Any particular favorites?

Any recommended sources...?

Thanks.

Kerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lots of people just use a .308 suppressor for their 6.8mm. The added volume of the .308 can makes up for the larger hole through the baffels. As far as actual 6.8mm cans, Surefire, AAC, and PRI all make them, or will make them if you ask. They're all top of the line cans, and should do everything you ask of them. You can probably get a .308 can for less money though (YHM).

·
Registered
212 Posts
AAC does make a couple of suppressors just for the 6.8 but you will need to call them. The SPR/M4 is one and I think the SPR 2008 is the other or something like that. Go here and check them out viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3959

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ran the Surefire when I took my 6.8 LMT MRP through a police sniper school. It not only worked really well, but the gun shot well with both the can on the gun, and showed a very good improvement in both accuracy and recoil reduction with Surefire's combination muzzle-brake, suppressor adaptor. Another benefit was the gun shot to within a minute with or without the suppresor mounted.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
RoAus said:
AAC does make a couple of suppressors just for the 6.8 but you will need to call them. The SPR/M4 is one and I think the SPR 2008 is the other or something like that. Go here and check them out http://www.68forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3959
I believe you're thinking of the M4-2000. One important note with these two is that the M4-2000 can be used with the 5.56 while the SPR/M4 cannot because of the mounts. I looked at the Surefire and they looked nice but they require 2.75" of barrel clear back from the muzzle which is too much for my purposes so I've just started looking at the M4-2000.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If you use the FA68K from Surefire instead of the standard model, it does not need the 2.75 inches of barrel. It uses a shorter muzzlebrake adaptor that was designed for the special operations community for barrel strikes when the can is off (it looks like a meat tenderizer on the front face). This is the recommended set-up for doing shorty's, and really works well on the 12.5 and shorter guns.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
nyeti said:
If you use the FA68K from Surefire instead of the standard model, it does not need the 2.75 inches of barrel. It uses a shorter muzzlebrake adaptor that was designed for the special operations community for barrel strikes when the can is off (it looks like a meat tenderizer on the front face). This is the recommended set-up for doing shorty's, and really works well on the 12.5 and shorter guns.
Thanks for posting that. I'm looking for a suppressor myself and that puts the Surefire back in the running! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am a F handguard away from a 6.8 12.5" SBR based off a Noveske barrel

I already have the AAC M4-2000 6.8 suppresor on hand and have been playing with it on a 5.56 11.5" Colt 6933.

AAC M4-2000/06 5.56mm, AAC M4-2000/07 6.8mm, AAC M4-2000/08 in 5.56mm and a AAC Ranger2 in 5.56mm

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Hojutsu said:
I am a F handguard away from a 6.8 12.5" SBR based off a Noveske barrel

I already have the AAC M4-2000 6.8 suppresor on hand and have been playing with it on a 5.56 11.5" Colt 6933.

AAC M4-2000/06 5.56mm, AAC M4-2000/07 6.8mm, AAC M4-2000/08 in 5.56mm and a AAC Ranger2 in 5.56mm
How do you like that M4-2000? It's on the short list of those I'm considering and I'd love to get some user feedback.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have yet to shoot the 6.8 M4-2000 with the 6.8 rifle, working out the handguard issue, but could, it's only a handguard :D I'm scheduled for range duty on Tuesday, so I'll report back.

As to the M4-2000 suppressors in general, I couldn't be happier with them. Solid as a brick and very much hearing safe in 5.56mm. I'm so happy in fact that I own three . . . that in it's self should say something. :D

I can not recommend the M4-2000 highly enough

·
Registered
9 Posts
bushmasterar15 said:
I'm looking at getting a AAC 762SD so I may use it on my 5.56, 6.8 and .308win
Several freinds have 762SD suppressors they use on .308 and 5.56 rifles, but have not heard a 762SD on a 6.8 yet either . . . but I gotta say, I was damn impressed with it on a .308 bolt gun

·
Registered
9 Posts
Played with the 6.8 suppresor on the new rifle yesterday . . . suppression was good. Next step is to get my buddy to go out with the 7.62SD and play with it on the 6.8 rifle to compare

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hojutsu said:
I have yet to shoot the 6.8 M4-2000 with the 6.8 rifle, working out the handguard issue, but could, it's only a handguard :D I'm scheduled for range duty on Tuesday, so I'll report back.

As to the M4-2000 suppressors in general, I couldn't be happier with them. Solid as a brick and very much hearing safe in 5.56mm. I'm so happy in fact that I own three . . . that in it's self should say something. :D

I can not recommend the M4-2000 highly enough

Where can i get a m4-2000 for my 6.8 ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Polite Society Inc. in Georgia is a stocking AAC dealer. It's where I ordered mine. They also carry the SPR/M4 in 6.8SPC. I don't know where you live, but your best bet would be to call PSI for the best price and have them ship via Form 3 to your dealer. They make it so easy a caveman could do it! :lol: I've also heard good things from Major-Malfunction in Oklahoma. I don't know if he stocks it, but it's worth a call.

·
Registered
212 Posts
TomCat0197 said:
Polite Society Inc. in Georgia is a stocking AAC dealer. It's where I ordered mine. They also carry the SPR/M4 in 6.8SPC. I don't know where you live, but your best bet would be to call PSI for the best price and have them ship via Form 3 to your dealer. They make it so easy a caveman could do it! :lol: I've also heard good things from Major-Malfunction in Oklahoma. I don't know if he stocks it, but it's worth a call.
This is whom I got my SPR/M4 for my 6.8 SPC from they are very good people and yes a caveman can do it...they all but fill all the paperwork out for you all you have to do is get your prints, photo, background check and law enforcement sign off then mail it in very simple. My only problem in my area was I didn't have a class 3 dealer in my area and had to drive to PCI :evil: but I got it! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
82 Posts
I, too, am filling out the paperwork. My question is if i get a can for a 308 and use it for my 308,68 and 223 as well, will it the can just half ass work for the 68 and 223 since it was designed for the 308. I would do want it for my 68 mainly but it would be nice to use it on the rest but time and funds dont allow me to buy 3. If it would not be as effective I am going to go with the surefire 68.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
The 308 silencer will work well for you if you don't mind a little extra weight vs a 5.56 or 6.8 can.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts