6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see what people have or would recommend suppressor wise for a SBR 9mm ar. Looking at doing a 10.5 barrel and possibly suppresor. Not looking to spend tons on the suppressor if I get one. Any info you have would be appreciated. Thanks, Moe

·
Registered
677 Posts
TiRant 9
Dead Air ghost 45
Rugged obsidian
Octane 9

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
374 Posts
OP, if "light weight" and "short length" become the driving factors in your choice, you can't do better than the SilencerCo Omega 9K. You're talking about using it on a firearm that will likely need a direct thread mount, and one comes with the Omega 9K--either 1/2x28 or 5/8x24. If you want a can that will also see use on a pistol and require a LID, then I agree with some of the other choices out there, as they're probably better for general pistol use.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response's gives me a good starting point to look at. I think most likely will be just for this don't see myself running a suppressed pistol at this point. Thanks again, Moe

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Once I get off my lazy ass and order a spacer for my Octane 45HD then I will use that on my 9mm pistol (hopefully SBR'd) sub gun.

Also why wouldn't you want to shoot a suppressed pistol? I love shooting my 1911 and M&P9 suppressed.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I submitted paperwork on a Gemtech GM-9 not my first choice but the dealer had it and was a decent price. Still looks to be a solid unit and will work for my purpose's.
Since it comes with a LID I will most likely run it on one of my M&P 9's. Nothing against running a suppressed pistol just never really thought about it or saw the use for my needs. Now to look for a fixed mount and a 1911 in 9mm maybe and threaded barrel for the M&P. Opens a whole new can of worms!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
CTD had a good deal on storm lake barrels when I got mine it was quite a bit cheaper. You will have fun in 10 months when you get your suppressor. Did you get in before the change?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah last Friday so not by much but I did. Thanks for the heads up on the barrel will take a look but heck no hurry I've got time!

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
True dat. Did you see the pic from Silencer Shop where they had the whole bed of a truck full, cab high with form 4s in priority boxes?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts