6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting my first suppressor and want to use it on my 6.8 with a 16” barrel and a .308 bolt action with a 26” barrel.

Which can do you recommend to make the 6.8 hearing safe ?

Note: I walk 8-10 miles per hunt and would like to keep the can as lightweight as possible.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't have any experience with the Q TC, but hear it is an excellent choice. I have the Thunder Beast Arms Ultra 7 and it is outstanding. Weight is about 11 oz and very consistent accuracy and sound. It is a popular choice with long range shooters.

·
Registered
490 Posts
TXCOONDOG;1316001 Which can do you recommend to make the 6.8 hearing safe ? [/QUOTE said:
Hearing safe requires subsonic. Suppressors won't overcome the supersonic "crack" of the bullet. If hunting, you could tolerate a few shots. If on a bench use hearing pro. For hunting watch the weight of the can. For the bench weight doesn't matter.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hearing safe requires subsonic. Suppressors won't overcome the supersonic "crack" of the bullet. If hunting, you could tolerate a few shots. If on a bench use hearing pro. For hunting watch the weight of the can. For the bench weight doesn't matter.

LMAO, I knew this but not thinking to straight working 60-70 hrs a week and ready to buy something but haven’t had time to do my own research.

I bought a titanium can to help with the weight.

Looking to buy a bolt action scouting rig in .308...leaning towards a Ruger Gun Scout or the Savage Hog Hunter.

Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'm also running a Dead Air can on my 6.8s (Sandman-S) and like it a lot. I can also attest to their customer service; had a baffle strike on 5.56 of all things, and they replaced the core and end cap in about a week, no questions asked.. The can I got back had the same serial number, but looked brand new!

As far as a scout-type .308, you may want to check out the Savage 110 Scout as well.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have a Wilson 7.62 and use it 5.56 6.8 308. 5.56 and 6.8 hearing safe. I choose them because of compact size only adding 4.5” to the overall barrel with their break. I hunt coyotes from a building. Wanted to keep it the rifle small and compact so I can swing from window to window with out heading anything inside. I have YouTube videos of what it sounds like when hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Q thunder chicken is an excellent choice, if you're looking for something thats more easily detachable then I would look into the dead air line of suppressors. My sandman K practically lives on my hunting rig while sandman s is my go to range toy.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
The Crux Ark 30 is also a really nice can. Weighs 12.8 ounces, 7.5” long and rated to short barrel full auto with their brake attachment and also 300WM. Mine plays triple duty on a 10.5” 556, 12.5” 6.8 and a 24” Creedmoor.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I love my Yankee Hill Machine Light Tactical. With QD flash suppressor mounts I use it no 5.56, 6.8 and 7.62 rifles.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I have a Crux Ark 30 I have had for a couple years. It plays triple duty on my 10.5” 556,12.5” 6.8 and my 24” 6.5 Creedmoor bolt gun. It only weighs 12.8 ounces, 7.5” long, rated to 300WM and also rated for short barrels and full auto with their brake attachment. I have been very happy with its performance.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Looking at getting my first suppressor and want to use it on my 6.8 with a 16” barrel and a .308 bolt action with a 26” barrel.

Which can do you recommend to make the 6.8 hearing safe ?

Note: I walk 8-10 miles per hunt and would like to keep the can as lightweight as possible.
I use an Elite Iron Battledog. Its stainless steel which makes it somewhat heavy (16oz) and very durable, smaller than most 30 cal suppressors (6"), and probably not what your looking for if you want a ultra-light suppressor.

It does work well on the 6.8, I can shoot (outdoors) without hearing protection and still communicate with people around me and maintain all my senses in awareness of my surroundings. I will make no representation if the noise level is occupationally safe for chronic exposure.

https://www.eliteiron.com/product/battledog/

·
Registered
529 Posts
AAC Cyclone on my 6.8 and 6.5 Creed... one or two shots are definitely hearing safe - However, what I can tell you is that if you rip off several rounds in succession, it hurts my right ear (slight deafness) by about the 5th or 6th shot. Some people like myself are still a bit sensitive to the supersonic crack.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have found it’s taste. No one like Same flavor but it all makes poop. They are all so close in reduction brand does not matter. Do you want light weight full auto capable quick disconnect choose one that has features you want rather than worry about brand. I have rugged yhm sig and one other I’d have to look. But all reduce sound as good as the other. But I’d use silencer co to purchase from. They make it simple. If you can’t decide call them. They will help you out.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have found it’s taste. No one like Same flavor but it all makes poop. They are all so close in reduction brand does not matter. Do you want light weight full auto capable quick disconnect choose one that has features you want rather than worry about brand. I have rugged yhm sig and one other I’d have to look. But all reduce sound as good as the other. But I’d use silencer co to purchase from. They make it simple. If you can’t decide call them. They will help you out.
I'm in complete agreement on not being brand loyal or buy into marketing glib. They all (or at least most) do nearly the exact same thing. Go for the attachment, weight, and budget you prefer.
However, did you mean Silencer Shop, as opposed to Silencer Co? I have a feeling Silencer Co rides those typos into a lot more sales.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts