6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cover to deal with mirage and curious what you are running.
Been looking at the Armageddon Gear cover. I like the ones that close up on the back of the can to keep it from sliding forward under recoil.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have the armageddon gear one but never use it. I don't get my can hot enough to need it for mirage except on my SBR's, but then I'm using a red dot most likely so the mirage isn't an issue.

It's a good cover and should work well for what you're wanting.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I’ve been satisfied with my Armageddon cover that I use in a SiCo Harvester for my .308 bolt gun. I haven’t noticed any movement of it on the suppressor. You’re able to cinch it down pretty good. The only thing I noticed which isn’t a fault to the cover, if it’s too far forward on the suppressor, it get beat up by the blast from the anchor brake design of the Harvester. I just moved it back about an inch and no issues any longer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought one of these mainly because the price seemed a bit more reasonable than the other covers. I haven't used it yet but have a high round count competition on the 25th so it'll be live or die time for it. It's obviously just a silicone tube cut off a roll.
BOWERS GROUP 5.56 / 7.62 Suppressor Cover

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought one of these mainly because the price seemed a bit more reasonable than the other covers. I haven't used it yet but have a high round count competition on the 25th so it'll be live or die time for it. It's obviously just a silicone tube cut off a roll.
BOWERS GROUP 5.56 / 7.62 Suppressor Cover
Those look interesting, please give me an update after your match.

·
Registered
345 Posts
For high rates of fire it is advised to not run a cover. The cover will trap heat and cause your can to run hotter than it should. I have a silencerco cover and it works good on the bolt gun to fix mirage at distance. But I never run it on my ar's

·
Registered
674 Posts
Armageddon Gear for my bolt gun... My semi autos run naked.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ran it the other day and got it pretty hot. The cover got hot but did not discolor or deform. It was hot enough you didn't want to hold it long, but not the instant 3rd degree burns if I had touched the suppressor directly. I did see mirage, but do not know if it was the suppressor or directly from the barrel.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I bought some covers from a guy on the texas hunting forum. He hand makes them and they are better made than the armageddon and half the price.
It uses paracord to tighen down and its solid.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ran it the other day and got it pretty hot. The cover got hot but did not discolor or deform. It was hot enough you didn't want to hold it long, but not the instant 3rd degree burns if I had touched the suppressor directly. I did see mirage, but do not know if it was the suppressor or directly from the barrel.
Thanks
I ordered one to try out, now if the snow would let up long enough so I can get out and try it.
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone.

·
Registered
924 Posts
For high rates of fire it is advised to not run a cover. The cover will trap heat and cause your can to run hotter than it should. I have a silencerco cover and it works good on the bolt gun to fix mirage at distance. But I never run it on my ar's
Yep. Melted my cole-tac on my first use. I wasn't doing mag dumps but was running some carbine drills and the heat just has no where to go.

·
Registered
8,694 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I use them, they work well to mitigate heat mirage and a great gripping surface to install and remove suppressors. I use them on my hunting suppressors.
But they don't remove easily. If you need to let suppressors cool from mag dumps or carbine classes I don't recommend them, for that I recommend covers that slide off easier.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts