6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think most of us would agree that this forum is very special.

As a gun related forum, it has been an excellent gathering place for open, professional, technically rich exchanges related to the 6.8 SPC and yet discussions continue to remain restrained and free of typical pissing matches found on other similar forums. This has become a tight knit group with a level of camaraderie not often found outside of a military environment. All of this is outstanding...

However, I notice that very very few forum members have taken the time to add information about themselves in their member profiles that would help all of us to better appreciate the wealth of expertise and experience this forum offers. In some cases, for those of you current military and LE members, it may not be possible to be too specific. That is to be understood and respected.

However, I would suggest to all.... to take a few minutes and update your profiles with any details that would help each of us get to know the members of our group a little better. Especially for those in close proximity to each other, as it may offer added opportunities to meet face to face for some trigger time, share war stories, share common interests outside the shooting community or just down a few cold ones...

Just my $.02.... Anyone agree...?

Ok....I'm off my soapbox and reaching for my flack jacket...

Kerry

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I think that is a great ideea. I updated mine.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any one else.......?

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tim,

Might be a good idea to move it...based on one response in a week.

Thanks cheese...

Kerry

·
Registered
5 Posts
owenslee said:
I think most of us would agree that this forum is very special.

As a gun related forum, it has been an excellent gathering place for open, professional, technically rich exchanges related to the 6.8 SPC and yet discussions continue to remain restrained and free of typical pissing matches found on other similar forums. This has become a tight knit group with a level of camaraderie not often found outside of a military environment. All of this is outstanding...

However, I notice that very very few forum members have taken the time to add information about themselves in their member profiles that would help all of us to better appreciate the wealth of expertise and experience this forum offers. In some cases, for those of you current military and LE members, it may not be possible to be too specific. That is to be understood and respected.

However, I would suggest to all.... to take a few minutes and update your profiles with any details that would help each of us get to know the members of our group a little better. Especially for those in close proximity to each other, as it may offer added opportunities to meet face to face for some trigger time, share war stories, share common interests outside the shooting community or just down a few cold ones...

Just my $.02.... Anyone agree...?

Ok....I'm off my soapbox and reaching for my flack jacket...

Kerry
I updated my profile with a few tidbits. I usually don't participate in online discussion groups because of all the nasty attacks that occur on most of them(AR15.com being the worst). So far I have found everyone to be quite the opposite on this forum and have enjoyed reading the posts here. From time to time I will try to add something that may benefit the users from my years of gunsmithing and shooting. I don't believe in "its my way or the highway" type postings as I find that that when it come s to gunsmithing, reloading, and shooting there are many different ways to achieve outstanding results. Almost all issues relating to firearms are personal preference and shooting styles. I like anything that goes bang and have all types of firearms from muzzle loaders on up. Sometimes I get quite busy and will not be very active but will try to contribute when I can.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've started on mine. I'm a little different beast since I've been online, using my real name since 1994. So, everyone can know as much about me as they wish. I blog using my real name, comment using it, etc. SaaM is just the initials for Sharp as a Marble, my blog.

I'm firing up my mad Photoshop skillz to build a signature image too.

This almost reminds me of the old days with A/S/L checks in chat rooms ;)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I think more then anything it would be nice to know peoples geographical location. Then add in some general info. Where you are located is nice for sharing info about good ranges, gun stores, clubs etc... There are times it sure would have been nice when I first moved out here if I had known the better gun stores etc..

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Good idea. I updated mine, too.

I couldn't agree more, that this site is one of the most enjoyable on the net.
I can see from the growing number of members that it is catching on! Good thing....

·
Registered
334 Posts
Ok I just updated mine, and I got to ''I LOVE YOU GUYS MAN''. lol

Just kidding, I do really like this forum and intend to cont. picking your brains for my 6.8 build. I havent been on the other AR forum in prob. a year and dont intend to. To rude and to much swearing, this isnt a place for that.

·
Registered
674 Posts
I just finished adding a few more "bits" to the ol' profile.

I, like a few others here, do not usually join online discussion groups. However, I have found something here that is not only quite refreshing, but quite enjoyable as well. I have been a moderator on a couple sites and have yet to find another firearms related site where not only the staff and sponsors, but the members as well show a true passion for why we come together in this little place on the web...

68Forums is of a much higher caliber!! (pun intended!! LOL!!)

I probably spend more time "online" than most as a lot of my consulting work is web based. But when you hit the HOME button on my browser, I'll give you one guess as to where I end up...

Kudos gentlemen!! And keep up the good work!!!

·
Registered
441 Posts
There's an idea. People with a common interest joining together to increase everyones general knowledge of it and have a good time while doing it. This is the one place that is a public forum that I personally enjoy in a social way as well as learning about the main topic. I will go to lots of sites as there is info to be found everywhere but here I get a collection of the best info on this subject plus I have a very good time doing it. Being a Mod here is a privilege not a burden, that's for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This has been very inspiring for me as my first chat board was ARFCOM. A bit rougher than I anticipated. I will update my info as soon as I finish this post. Thanks for your hospitality, information and most certainly, the respect and freedom to be a "Noob" and not feel like a "Boob".

Mark (K71BL)

·
Registered
674 Posts
K71BL said:
This has been very inspiring for me as my first chat board was ARFCOM. A bit rougher than I anticipated. I will update my info as soon as I finish this post. Thanks for your hospitality, information and most certainly, the respect and freedom to be a "Noob" and not feel like a "Boob".

Mark (K71BL)
You said "boob"... hugh, hugh, hugh.... LOL!!!

Welcome Mark!! Gald to have you with us!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Just joined the group and looking forward to reading some of the previous posts about the 6.8mm. Bought my first AR15 just the other week and anticipate it getting to me next week. Trust me when i say that i am about to burst to getting my hands on it, i have been jumping on the Fedex website to see what status the package is in. Being a lefty i decided to go with a Stag Arms 5L in the left handed version. Non only because i am a lefty but because i also heard good reviews about stag on other forums.

Anyways, look forward to reading up and adding comments or knowledge that might help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Tim, thanks for rescuing me from the arf forum. lol, I saw that this site was down and had to replant myself there. Any ammo deals other than the mail this coupon with that number, put your right foot in and wait type issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Everyone, Just joined the forum. Great comcept on having a specific forum for the 6.8.
I always do a complete project with every 1 of my rifles. 6.8 is new to me but not ar's. I am looking forward to reviewing all the info on this site and testing all of my options. Thanks Tony Doukas SW Florida

1 - 20 of 26 Posts