6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I've found a load for my rifle using the 90gr Gold Dots, the 2k of them I have, that my rifle loves. I think it's one of the more common loads you guys use as it turn out, 31.1gr of A2200 in S&B brass and a CCI41 primer. Its giving me 2910fps out of my 14.7" barrel, ES of 33fps and SD of 11fps, accuracy is running about 2" @200yards which is just 1moa but after all the bad luck I've had with these I'm very, very happy. Here's the rub though, I HAVE to run them at 2.295", and I know this seems to be a very common practice but why? Why do the loads perform so much different/ better at this COAL? And, which magazines will accommodate this length?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
ASCs will do that

Reactions: ThELioN70x7 and 270

·
Registered
273 Posts
Barely, but ASC's will. There's a few others too, but other than the proprietary PMags for the Six8, I think ASC's current mags are the best overall design.

Barrett's are good as well, but I don't believe you can load as long, they are over priced and they only have 30-rd sizes (too long and heavy) if I'm not mistaken. ASC offers 25, 15 and 10 round sizes for 6.8 SPC. Chemically hardened stainless steel body, chrome silicon spring (after the first compression cycle there's no additional set, extremely long service life), marlube self-lubricating paint and polymer low friction anti-tilt follower. I actually adapted Magpul's Magpods to them with some cleverness as I run them on my 5.56 pmags.

I don't believe any other mags for 6.8 SPC have all of those design features save for the Six8 Pmags that require the LWRC proprietary lower receiver (slightly wider). I have quite a few of the ASC 25rd mags that that been thrown down on gravel, kicked to the side, shoved in the dirt, sat on / stepped on, not cleaned even once and none of them have feed issues except one that now works after replacing a magazine catch.

The magazine catch is also critical for feed reliability. The spring tension is higher with the Geissele catch spring and the machining is more precise (possible tighter clearances) so the mags wiggle a lot less than with the GI spec one my lower originally came with and that one picky mag has not had a feed issue since.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
PRI...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts