6.8 SPC Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,098 Posts
I gave my reasons from a ballistics standpoint, and I won't change on that. As far as the other comment goes, we'll have to agree to disagree on the .277. I was there for that, and I know all the inside baseball on it, and there's a hell of a lot more to it than just what you've said. I was one of the few who tried to mend fences, but neither side would, so there's plenty of blame to go around on both sides. But I'm not going to get into it beyond that.
I did not comment on your input on ballistics, nor do I have issue with your choice to enjoy whatever round you do. In fact, I pretty much always enjoyed your participation here. Yes, we will have to agree to disagree on that point. And, I too will stand by my comment on the promoters of those two rounds. And, if you pay attention, you will note that I do not choose to go into either of those encampments and tout a topic which does not savor well there. It would just be in poor taste to do so, knowing how folks feel, and, having knowledge of the history. "When in Rome..." as they say.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
If you are wanting to have a 6.8 that you can also shoot heavy subs in then Bison has the barrel you seek.

·
Registered
65 Posts
First try at bullet casting came out pretty good. Supposed to be 214gr. Casted at .280” I haven’t weighed them yet. Waiting on my Powder coat to come in.

I wanted the woodleigh Bullets bison sells but they are out of stock and I wanted a way to shoot this thing when I want.

Now I need to build my gun for them. Still waiting for some parts and my sbr stamp. I may build it as a pistol if it takes too long for the stamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
I was able to function test the pistol today. Ran my supersonic loads fine with the 85gr Barnes.

Loaded my cast 214gr and they fired but would not cycle the action fully. The bolt would only go about halfway back and close again. Need to up the powder charge a little and try again. Then make sure I’m still subsonic. No load data for this so it’s a cautious trial and error from here on out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 24 of 24 Posts