6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 6.8 spc and I'm having trouble with bullets sticking in chamber.Has anyone had any problems with reloads getting stuck in the chamber but factory ammo still goes in? After I trimmed and resized my cases I don't think the rcbs die is sizing the neck all the way. I have it run all the way down and still necks look like they are too short. It shoots fine but cannot unload it without pulling bolt back with screwdriver. My first batch ran fine but second is hanging up. I've cleaned chamber and bore scoped it and There's no filings in it. Mike'd the cases and the necks and they are still the right length And size.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
J, we will need more details to be able to help you. What barrel are you shooting? What brass are you resizing? Do reloads cycle through the chamber ok when not fired? What bullet, powder and charge weight are you reloading with? What is your COAL? You may be causing issues by running your die all the way into the press. The shoulder should only be pushed back 0.003" to 0.004" when resizing. Set the shoulder back any further will increase chamber pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18" Black hole weoapenry barrel, once fired hornady brass, the first set of reloads cycled great now the second reloads are not cycling without being fired. 120 gr sst, a2200 powder at 27.2 gr, coal 2.256. what is wiered is that I haven't changed anything and everything still mike's out the same as before. I thought I had some filing in chamber but it's clean

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Make sure the bullet seating die is backed up enough so that the integrated crimp function is not touching the case neck. It can put a bulge in the neck that is hard to detect. You can verify by chambering an empty case (no bullet inserted). If it extracts the seating die is likely causing your issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok. I have mike'd the neck diameter and it's the same as the factory. I know when I resize, the die won't go all the way to the neck and it's ran all the way down trying to get down to the neck. I was thinking that was my problem. Could the coal be too long in the auto rifle

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Make sure the bullet seating die is backed up enough so that the integrated crimp function is not touching the case neck. It can put a bulge in the neck that is hard to detect. You can verify by chambering an empty case (no bullet inserted). If it extracts the seating die is likely causing your issue.
The suggestion does not involve the resizing die. It involves the bullet seating die. Does an empty resized case with no powder and bullet seat cycle through your action or is it stuck like a loaded case that you have to pry out with a screw driver?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will have to check. Thanks for the info. I will get back with you tomorrow. Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts