6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any such thing as a sound reason for what I call stringing. While "attempting to hold steady p.o.I. my five shot group's at 300 "string,left to right.Like the mouth on a smiley face. 90 tnt's,,,,AA2200 ,30.04

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
My 20" ARP Barrel shoots the 90 gold dots into tight little groups as long the barrel stays cool. When heated up it will string them diagonally from left to right. You may also be out of the accuracy node with your reloads. Have you tried a ladder test at 300 yards with the same powder bullet combo?

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Is there any such thing as a sound reason for what I call stringing. While "attempting to hold steady p.o.I. my five shot group's at 300 "string,left to right.Like the mouth on a smiley face. 90 tnt's,,,,AA2200 ,30.04
Are you shooting off of bags, bipod etc?

I found that if I shoot from a bipod for precision, I need to forward load the bipod with pressure and even then, I readjust my shooting position and POA as the bipod has a tendency to hop just a little.

The machine heating up can certainly produce the same results especially if your hand guard is not free float.

My 2 cents from experience.

Ole Silver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts