6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
I use a Mission First Minimalist. They are very lightweight with a good cheek weld.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I had a Magpul PRS stock. Yea bad idea as tromping up and down mountains with thick underbrush with that stock was a bad idea. So I am back to a simple adjustable blackhawk stock.

·
Registered
819 Posts
A2 for me, just a natural rifle fill I guess, i got my first collapsible four or five year ago, they both have their place, collapsible for truck, tractor or home defense maybe but i hate the rattle and the A2 is almost like point and hit... what ever works best for you.........

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use a Mission First Minimalist. They are very lightweight with a good cheek weld.
I love the MFT minimalist stock, I have that on two of my builds. I also use the Magpul CTR, it has a friction lock to get out any wobble, or you can even just add some scotch tape to the buffer tube.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I used the Magul CTR for quite a while and still do on an 18" barreled rifle. Now my primary hunting rig is a 16" Six8 A5 and I have stuck with the stock stock. No pun intended. It's like a Magpul MOE SL and I like it just fine for hunting.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Magpul UBR on everything if I could afford it. ACSL if being cheap. Neither rattle a bit, unless I have taticool Cheerios inside the stock or something...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I use both and IMOD and an EMOD on my two builds.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've used ACE, MOE, CTR, B5 systems, MOE SL. The B5 had the best cheek weld but currently I'm liking the MOE SL the best. The MOE SL is like a dehorned 1911 it
doesn't get caught on anything, has a decent cheek weld, and being make by magpul you can shop around to get the best price. Plus I have several ARs with Vltor
A5 extension tubes & the MOE SL works great with that combination.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I can fall asleep on my B5 SOPMOD Enhanced stock :a34:!!

·
Registered
906 Posts
I can fall asleep on my B5 SOPMOD Enhanced stock :a34:!!
My vote is also for the B5 SOPMOD Bravo. Pretty light weight, fantastic cheek weld, OK with a rear bag. Had an MOE fixed rifle stock and it was OK but there is really no upside to NOT having an adjustable stock as far as I'm concerned. I have a MFT Minimalist stock, too, but prefer the SOPMOD as the better all purpose stock for only a small weight penalty over the Minimalist.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
The Classic collapsable stock seems to be good for general field use with the 2 point swing mountings able to down the center at the bottom.

Magpul MOE not that bad either.

Both are basic and pretty compact and the MOE is trim. With electrical tape they can be made to be non rattlery.

The Magul CTR is even better with a nice trim and slim stock and one that friction locks up. I'm going to get another CTR for another rifle.

My 6.8 carries the Tapco T6 still. It just seems to get a lot of good ergonomics from it.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm switching all mine over to BCM gunfighter stocks. Good cheek weld for me, absolutely no wobble, fairly light, and strong.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts