6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

YEa i was surprized also LOL.....
The STG-556/6.8- Sporting Model rifle is a gas operated semi-automatic bull pup rifle featuring a quick interchangeable barrel available in various lengths..TYPE OF FIREARM Bull Pup Rifle, Semi-Automatic
OPERATION Gas Operated Rotating Bolt, Short Piston Drive
CALIBER 5.56mm (.223) Or optional 6.8 SPC Remington conversion !!
BARREL GROUPS 14" (355.6mm), 16" (406.4mm), 20" (508mm) 4150 Chrome Moly, Chrome Lined
magz-10 to 30 and 42 rounds !
Msrp-1800$

i have gotten to shoot 2-3 of these and there very cool rifles, this is the Updated version, since its been around 30+ years so its pretty proven system...like with everything there's pros and cons-it feels solid on your shoulders, and hella short, SO for close Q -situation it would be a great system specially in 6.8 ...Whats your opinion??

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The one negative is that the you can't shoot from the weakside, which is common with the bullpup rifles except the FS2000.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The one problem is that you can't shoot from the wekside, which is common with bullpup rifles except the FS2000.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can the ejection port be switched to the left side (like the Walther g22 bullpup) or is it still a righty-only gun? I can see taking one of those with a 20" barrel hunting. Great balance and easy to carry through brush, while getting the most out of velocity.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
loonybin said:
Can the ejection port be switched to the left side (like the Walther g22 bullpup) or is it still a righty-only gun? I can see taking one of those with a 20" barrel hunting. Great balance and easy to carry through brush, while getting the most out of velocity.
It can be switched.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LOL

Imagine a hunter out in the field coming across other hunters, with bolt guns and you got a 18'barrel Stg-6.8 ,with Acog 4x - im sure they would wonder what the hells that thing lol...

link to a guy shooting a stg-5.56,but it sounds more like a 6.8 deeper sound with tracers in the corn field LOL
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=tmVbTh-C71w

i wish i had tracer's for the 6.8!!! :shock:

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have working prototypes in 6.8 SPC. The STG-556 platform works great with the round. When we first started the 6.8 SPC project we planned to make a dedicated 6.8 SPC mag then worried about the level of interest (sales) that this rifle would rearrly have. A year later (now) we are just about to release our "E4" rifle that uses AR15 magazines. Now, we just have to make a bolt and barrel and the user can buy some PRI mags and we dont have to buy a new magazine mold.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
whats the barrel specs?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
jagdkommando said:
We have working prototypes in 6.8 SPC. The STG-556 platform works great with the round. When we first started the 6.8 SPC project we planned to make a dedicated 6.8 SPC mag then worried about the level of interest (sales) that this rifle would rearrly have. A year later (now) we are just about to release our "E4" rifle that uses AR15 magazines. Now, we just have to make a bolt and barrel and the user can buy some PRI mags and we dont have to buy a new magazine mold.
That is great. I hope the barrels are 1:11" twist with the SPCII Chamber.

·
Registered
669 Posts
On the website it says that the rifle has on optional left or right side ejection port, but does not say if it can be changed by the user. So if you are a lefty you could get the rifle set up for you.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
I didn't see Dave's post yesterday. Answered my questions about the mag.

·
Banned
76 Posts
There are several things that suck about this-I spoke with them about 6 months ago and they said it would be out this spring-now I called and they said "on hold" so no telling when or if it will ever come out.
The other thing is they told me 6 months ago it would be 1/9.5 twist-the absolute worst thing possible. I told them to strongly consider at least 1/10 and maybe 1/11 and he was not the least bit interested.
Then if it does come out I will have to buy another stock as well as they are not going to make it with their plastic mags-only AR mags will work. I was REALLY excited last year when I got this rifle as I thought this would be the perfect 6.8 blaster but I am unsure now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts