6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes, but I don’t know if you would run into trouble trying to go directly to 6 mm. Someone else who may have tried it might chime in. Also, you MUST anneal the brass before you start. I also annealed after sizing.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you. I would anneal, form to 6.8 SPC, anneal and size to Tac 6. I will consult with the folks at AMP Annealing for their recommendations. Starline recommends a "body anneal" prior to any sizing... I'll ask them how far down the body to anneal.

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
I am trying to recall if neck turning might be needed. @constructor might be able to advise.

·
Premium Member
18,742 Posts
Personally I think it would be a pain in the rear to form down to a TAC 6 and may require annealing a few times. The necks could wrinkle and could come out thick. I don't know about turning them since I have never tried. The cases would be great for making a 10mm-6.8 though...10mm Super.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, I've had that thread bookmarked for a while. Plenty of information, but none germane to my search for annealing as it applies to forming Tac6 brass from Starline 6.8 Basic brass. No, I don't think I am being anal about annealing. I invested in the equipment to do it properly so why not use it?
It seems the only 6.8 SPC brass available is part of loaded ammo, now THAT'S a pain in the rear...

·
Super Moderator
1,884 Posts
I'm hoping starline does a run of 6.8spc since they have the "basic" in their queue.

Reactions: Rick F and JW82
1 - 11 of 11 Posts