6.8 SPC Forums banner
2621 - 2630 of 2630 Posts

·
Registered
9,008 Posts
That is flippin crazy.
Silencer Central tells everyone 6 months but everyone I know is 10+ I'm at 8 now.
I know a guy that got two from Silencer Central and they took 10 months and 14 months. He just got the 14 month one last month.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Several people around here have e filled and approved in less than 6 months a couple were 3-4 months . I’m going next week to pay for / file for 2 more . Torn between getting a dedicated 22 can or just get another Vox and dip it every so often to remove the lead .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Several people around here have e filled and approved in less than 6 months a couple were 3-4 months . I’m going next week to pay for / file for 2 more . Torn between getting a dedicated 22 can or just get another Vox and dip it every so often to remove the lead . Edited to add .
Scratch the “dip “on the vox . Energetic has informed me the vox molecular structure is not comparable with “dip .”

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
26 April efile through SS and the kiosik.... still waiting.

·
Registered
779 Posts
The new eFile system is failing incredibly and is perfectly in line with any government ran system with horrible efficiency, effectiveness or customer service (we ARE paying for this service, right?).

The eFile forms are quickly approaching the paper file timeframes. There are discussions daily on reddit where the information has been thoroughly evaluated and tracked and is broken down into many different metrics. It shows a steady increase in wait times, decrease in daily, weekly & monthly approvals and fewer and fewer approvers working. "We" have been stuck in Feburary submissions for over a month, with just a few early March outliers and even some late January submissions lingering.

At this point, it is hard to say which route to go. The consensus seems to be that more approvers have been directed to paper forms to catch up that backlog, and that is creating one for the eForms. At which point the pendulum swings to go back in favor of Eforms is hard to pinpoint.

Sorry for the bad news, but currently eForms is averaging right at 200 days with that average going up daily. February 20th-ish submission is where we seem to be stuck at present.

Reactions: JHugh64

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
The new eFile system is failing incredibly and is perfectly in line with any government ran system with horrible efficiency, effectiveness or customer service (we ARE paying for this service, right?).

The eFile forms are quickly approaching the paper file timeframes. There are discussions daily on reddit where the information has been thoroughly evaluated and tracked and is broken down into many different metrics. It shows a steady increase in wait times, decrease in daily, weekly & monthly approvals and fewer and fewer approvers working. "We" have been stuck in Feburary submissions for over a month, with just a few early March outliers and even some late January submissions lingering.

At this point, it is hard to say which route to go. The consensus seems to be that more approvers have been directed to paper forms to catch up that backlog, and that is creating one for the eForms. At which point the pendulum swings to go back in favor of Eforms is hard to pinpoint.

Sorry for the bad news, but currently eForms is averaging right at 200 days with that average going up daily. February 20th-ish submission is where we seem to be stuck at present.
Thanks for that info

Reactions: leatherneck

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
I just did one last week and the dealer said e file was 6 months now . If true that’s 1/2 of the last wait . Maybe Biden will see the bottle neck and put some of the thousands of IRS employees in that agency.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Well I got my email this morning. Feb 23 submitted, Sept 8 approved:197 days.

While I do agree that this is better than the paper forms, I think everyone is frustrated because the ATF announced the new eForm system with a target approval timeframe of 90 days or less. And while 90 days is still much longer than it needs to be, it is "acceptable" since we're all so accustomed to ridiculous wait times. They have not come even close to achieving that target, even in the first 90 days since the eForms went live.

I do anticipate the average for eForms to exceed 200 days. Where and when it plateaus and hopefully begins dropping, we will have to see.

By no means am I trying to persuade anyone against the eForm system, I just want y'all to have facts and realistic expectations because a lot of dealers are uninformed.

Good luck everyone, stick it out; it's worth it. I'm off to pick up my Omega 9k now.

·
Registered
766 Posts
For those wondering what the non-eFile wait times are... Im at 16 months for a NOMAD-L and at 13 months for my PRIMAL.... still waiting. I really wanted to grab a SureFire SOCOM 308 for a SBR build I am contemplating, but damn I might be too old to shoot it before I get the darn thing! At least I have my SANDMAN-L (174 days I believe) and my Hybrid 46M (132 days) to keep my ears safe!!! Love the extra weight on the end of my carbines, its giving my wife some pretty toned arms... haha!

I seriously think the current Executive branch is slowing the process down on purpose, even with more efficiency that the e-file brings and automation for complete form checking... its starting to get to the old paper times (with snail mail).

2621 - 2630 of 2630 Posts