6.8 SPC Forums banner
2601 - 2613 of 2613 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I'd give them a call. This wasn't with SS, but I onced assumed a transfer / paperwork (form 3) was in work and 2 months later I found out it hadn't been started....just got lost in the shuffle. If SS says they just need a few days, then at least you'll have peace of mind. Never had a problem with SS, but they've always been friendly and responsive when I had a question.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I'd love to get one but this is the main reason I haven't. That and the $200 stamp. Can't justify forking over the money to wait for 10 months to over a year to gain possession of something that should be handled in a couple days tops.
Yall probably wont like hearing this but, submitted e-file form 4 for a Silencerco Hybrid 46M on 28 March, this year, approved yesterday, picked up the can today and op-checked it on 3 rifles, GTG. I was expecting to be waiting MUCH longer. Seems to hit same POI as the SDN6 on the 12.5" 6.8, .308 and 7.62x39 shorty need tweaking.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yall probably wont like hearing this but, submitted e-file form 4 for a Silencerco Hybrid 46M on 28 March, this year, approved yesterday, picked up the can today and op-checked it on 3 rifles, GTG. I was expecting to be waiting MUCH longer. Seems to hit same POI as the SDN6 on the 12.5" 6.8, .308 and 7.62x39 shorty need tweaking.
That is about right on time line.

·
Registered
I got guns, you got guns, we all got guns! Free to the bone, please do not f**k with me.
3,726 Posts
Jeeze, should I buy another suppressor with this new e-file system? I'll probably get it faster than the original from what I hear.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Jeeze, should I buy another suppressor with this new e-file system? I'll probably get it faster than the original from what I hear.
It's still in the first 6 months since the new eForm system is out for form 4s. The data is still kinda all over the place, but so far it seems to be settling into an average of around +- 120 days for now. There are enough sub 100 days so far to give you hope, and enough people (myself included) in the 140+ range to be jealous. There's even a handful of 7-21 day approvals out there, although these are probably not the norm.

We can speculate (maybe hope?) that once it settles out after the initial surge and ATF sorting through their system that it will be similar to the form 1 approval range of the last few years (14-70 days). The ATF initially promised 90 day approvals for the new Eform 4s.

So far I have observed the following anecdotal trends:
-Individual applications seem to get processed faster than Trusts/Corps with multiple reporting persons
-Applications from regions with higher suppressor popularity and applications take longer (i.e. South and SE USA)
-Applications submitted through SilencerShop dealer kiosk are taking longer than when submitted by local dealer/store. Not sure why this should matter, but the reddit threads have shown a strong correlation.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Congrats! That is an exceptionally, and very unreasonably, long wait.
They squashed the first filing the day that I moved. Dealer said I didn't need to do anything as long as I didn't change my Driver License address, but evidence showed that was wrong. ATF didn't notify anyone and I had to reapply after I found out 3 months later. It was 13 months on the second application.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Yeah, my understanding is that e-forms are running ~90 days. I got my SBR stamp back in 60 days. Unfortunately, they implemented e-Forms for suppressors just a few weeks after I bought my last one, so I'll probably be looking at well over a year. I think those wait times had gotten down to 7-8 months under Trump. I guess I shouldn't complain since the AFT did give us e-Forms which is obviously the only way to go now. Using that system is such a pain in the rear, though.
same boat as you man this sucks

·
Registered
434 Posts
They squashed the first filing the day that I moved. Dealer said I didn't need to do anything as long as I didn't change my Driver License address, but evidence showed that was wrong. ATF didn't notify anyone and I had to reapply after I found out 3 months later. It was 13 months on the second application.
I figure i may end up the same as you. I'm fixing to move in the next few weeks. errrr

·
Registered
266 Posts
Went and certified 3 suppressors today, only to get home and discover only 1 of the 3 went through. Guess it’s back to dealer tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2601 - 2613 of 2613 Posts