6.8 SPC Forums banner
2581 - 2600 of 2613 Posts

·
Registered
8,997 Posts
A couple of years ago my second one took 14 months. The first one took 10 months.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I'd love to get one but this is the main reason I haven't. That and the $200 stamp. Can't justify forking over the money to wait for 10 months to over a year to gain possession of something that should be handled in a couple days tops.
The E file option is at 4 months but doesn't help those of us who had applied before that was an option.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Yeah, my understanding is that e-forms are running ~90 days. I got my SBR stamp back in 60 days. Unfortunately, they implemented e-Forms for suppressors just a few weeks after I bought my last one, so I'll probably be looking at well over a year. I think those wait times had gotten down to 7-8 months under Trump. I guess I shouldn't complain since the AFT did give us e-Forms which is obviously the only way to go now. Using that system is such a pain in the rear, though.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just got my second, first using the e-file, ten days ago and waiting for the check to be cashed so I can start the count down. For those of you who have used e-file and silencer shop, how long has it been taking for the check to cash?

Buddy has one at 101 days, but it took a month for his check to get cashed. On my first one a couple of years ago it took almost three weeks for the check to cash and forty days once approved to get the call to come and pick up.

What I'm wondering is that if it's going to be taking 30 days for the check to be cashed, 90 days for the approval and another 30-40 to get the call, then why is everyone hung up on the 90 days stat and no one refers to the time it took from date of purchase to pickup? To me, that's the real tale, instead of getting into the mindset of 3 months I need to start thinking in terms of 5 months give or take.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Just got my second, first using the e-file, ten days ago and waiting for the check to be cashed so I can start the count down. For those of you who have used e-file and silencer shop, how long has it been taking for the check to cash?

Buddy has one at 101 days, but it took a month for his check to get cashed. On my first one a couple of years ago it took almost three weeks for the check to cash and forty days once approved to get the call to come and pick up.

What I'm wondering is that if it's going to be taking 30 days for the check to be cashed, 90 days for the approval and another 30-40 to get the call, then why is everyone hung up on the 90 days stat and no one refers to the time it took from date of purchase to pickup? To me, that's the real tale, instead of getting into the mindset of 3 months I need to start thinking in terms of 5 months give or take.
I didn't send a check I paid cash at the shop and they paid the fees so I don't know how long it takes for checks to cash but why did it take 30 - 40 days to get the call ? I got an e- mail first day and call second day .

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
My dealer completed the e form in front of me. I paid tax with my credit card and it showed almost immediately. I received approval email and shortly after I was getting a phone call from the dealer to come pick it up. 70 days from start to in my hand.

·
Registered
764 Posts

The day you receive the email stating "eForms Application Status Change Notification changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS" is the equivalent to the having the check cashed on a traditional paper form.

It seems like the new eForms system is averaging out around 100-120 right now based on the reddit posts. I have one at 136 and one at 107 days and nothing yet. I am seeing a pretty direct correlation in approval times based on individual or trust, number of reporting persons = longer processing, large volume dealers seem to have more delays and also states in regions with high suppressor popularity seem to have longer approval times. I think they may assign approvers to regions, does not make sense to me. Also, it does not appear they frequently batch approve. Meaning when your application comes up, run a quick name search for any other applications in the system and run/approve them all together since the backgrounds would only need to be ran once and would not only expedite the person/trust with more than one application, but make the entire process faster for everyone in line. But, it's the guv and no way they will do anything that makes sense or is efficient.

Reactions: sfs13

·
Registered
17 Posts
I guess waiting for the check to cash is incorrect. Where I'm at right now, is actually waiting for "... an email from Silencer Shop that says "Ready to Certify" and includes the phone number of your local Powered By Silencer Shop dealer." I'll then have to contact them to submit my application to the ATF.

That is what took my buddy a month, waiting for the email from SS, and what I'm waiting for now. Is this the norm or should I be calling somebody? Everything seems to be good from my end according to my SS dashboard.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I guess waiting for the check to cash is incorrect. Where I'm at right now, is actually waiting for "... an email from Silencer Shop that says "Ready to Certify" and includes the phone number of your local Powered By Silencer Shop dealer." I'll then have to contact them to submit my application to the ATF.

That is what took my buddy a month, waiting for the email from SS, and what I'm waiting for now. Is this the norm or should I be calling somebody? Everything seems to be good from my end according to my SS dashboard.
This is normal. When I did mine through SS back in Jan/Feb, it took about 3 weeks.
What’s happening is the suppressor is being transferred to your dealer and once they receive it and the transfer form 3 is complete, then you/they can submit your form 4. The day that happens is when your wait begins and is essentially your “check cashed” date.

·
Registered
17 Posts
This is normal. When I did mine through SS back in Jan/Feb, it took about 3 weeks.
What’s happening is the suppressor is being transferred to your dealer and once they receive it and the transfer form 3 is complete, then you/they can submit your form 4. The day that happens is when your wait begins and is essentially your “check cashed” date.

Thanks for the reply, only difference is that the one I bought was in stock and off the shelf so no form 3 was needed. I just wondering if the holdup is with the dealer or SS. I'm assuming SS just being overwhelmed, but you'd think that mine would process through faster since there is no form 3 to wait on.

2581 - 2600 of 2613 Posts