6.8 SPC Forums banner
2561 - 2580 of 2613 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Hey everyone... quick question.

Has anyone else's letters been held up? I have two suppressors waiting in my dealers safe... a Dead Air Sandman-L and a SilencerCo Hybrid 46. Called the ATF, they were both approved on 2/1/2021. The dealer has yet to receive the stamp... My mind immediately went to a possible slow rolling at the ATF given the last election... Wanted to see if anyone has the same issue. ATF average is 8 days... I'm almost 4 times that atm.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I've seen the thread over on ARFCOM that tracks this stuff showing guys getting the stamps as much as 21-30 days after approval. Very few are receipting them in a week in the documentation posted over there.

Greg

·
Registered
762 Posts
I've seen the thread over on ARFCOM that tracks this stuff showing guys getting the stamps as much as 21-30 days after approval. Very few are receipting them in a week in the documentation posted over there.

Greg
Thanks, was going off of the ATF tracker on Silencer Shop. Seems it needs to be updated. If that is the case.... next week! Its like Christmas!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Boy I did a rookie move. It’s been 5 years since my last form 1 and haven’t done a form 1 since the rules change. Its been 2 months and no control number. So I reviewed the paper and then i noticed it. I am sbring a aero precision and I selected the wrong one. I selected the .inc instead of .llc. So now I have to cancel this request. But the the good news is i resubmitted last night and got the control instantly and going to mail the finger prints today. Probably will send certify mail with all the crap from usps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Boy I did a rookie move. It's been 5 years since my last form 1 and haven't done a form 1 since the rules change. Its been 2 months and no control number. So I reviewed the paper and then i noticed it. I am sbring a aero precision and I selected the wrong one. I selected the .inc instead of .llc. So now I have to cancel this request. But the the good news is i resubmitted last night and got the control instantly and going to mail the finger prints today. Probably will send certify mail with all the crap from usps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would use a priority mail envelope. Costs a few dollars more but it is supposed to be 2-3 days. Certified can take weeks. I had a insurance check take over 2 weeks to get from Louisiana to Atlanta. Started using priority and never had that issue again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
640 Posts
I would use a priority mail envelope. Costs a few dollars more but it is supposed to be 2-3 days. Certified can take weeks. I had a insurance check take over 2 weeks to get from Louisiana to Atlanta. Started using priority and never had that issue again.

Thanks for the info. I will asking them what will get there the fastest and "not" lost. Lol.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Why do we have to wait for something like hearing protection anyways? When did we loose the right to put a van on the end of our barrels anyway? Why does this discussion make me so mad?!

Reactions: mflintstone

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yup I agree. I foresee dems use NFA process for all firearm purchase/transfers.

It seems like more and more of our 2nd amendment rights are being "stolen" from us then "sold" back. As long as WE meet the requirements.
It's just stupid that we put up with it and it feels like all we can do is complain. I can't keep up with the lawyer garbage lingo that politicians speak in.
Not trying to hijack this thread.

end rant.

·
Registered
762 Posts
It seems like more and more of our 2nd amendment rights are being "stolen" from us then "sold" back. As long as WE meet the requirements.
It's just stupid that we put up with it and it feels like all we can do is complain. I can't keep up with the lawyer garbage lingo that politicians speak in.
Not trying to hijack this thread.

end rant.
It is literally pointless. The only reason silencers are still on the NFA list is because movies make them look dangerous...Its so dumb. Anyway I am now at almost 40 days and no tax stamp received by my dealer...This is getting bit crazy. How can it take so long to mail something out... I know its a government agency, but dang they are slow.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I wonder if my suppressor is lonely, sitting in the dealers safe. My check cashed back in mid December 2021. I'm picking up a takedown suppressed barrel for my 10/22.
Some day.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Pretty sure mine take the award for longest wait on the shelf at my dealer, its been almost 2 years
I hope you've spoken to a human at the ATF about this. That's excessively bad even by excessively bad standards. I had one xfer take well over a year because the dealer I used went out of business due to a divorce and that caused a whole bunch of extra work, but at least I knew that the ATF knew what was going on.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I hope you've spoken to a human at the ATF about this. That's excessively bad even by excessively bad standards. I had one xfer take well over a year because the dealer I used went out of business due to a divorce and that caused a whole bunch of extra work, but at least I knew that the ATF knew what was going on.
I spoke to them last April. Its been almost a year since the last filing, after an agent denied it without cause or notification for appeal. Finally found out when I called to check and it had been denied 3 months prior, too late to appeal it. .

2561 - 2580 of 2613 Posts