6.8 SPC Forums banner

2541 - 2560 of 2561 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Buddy of mine called Saturday and said he'd just gotten his call that his stamp was in, 5 months to the day.
My cousin got his in last week at 5 months and 5 days. Guess corona has the atf guys working more and not BSing around the water cooler

·
Registered
225 Posts
My stamp was 5 months to the day. I was pleased, I was prepared for a 10 month wait.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I got my can and stamp today. It was 234 for the stamp and then another 2 days for the state background check. Today I got to bring it home. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

I have a question for you more experienced can owners. My stamp is affixed to a three page document. What, if anything should I carry with me when I am out using the can, and when I travel, by air to hunting destinations?

·
Registered
900 Posts
To answer your question, none of us are lawyers specializing in class III items so anything we say is subject to being either close to right or completely wrong. With that being said, reading something put out by The Silencer Shop recommended having a copy of your stamp and any paperwork with it and a copy of your trust with all attachments/amendments. I have several copies of my stamps, in strategic places to insure that I don't forget when I head out to hunt or shoot, but I don't try to keep a copy of my trust (its about 50 pages long). I have thought about trying to keep a digital copy of the trust on my phone since I always have it with me, but haven't done that yet. So.....take it for what it is......not very reliable advice from someone who doesn't know very much, but it is what I do to at least show that I am trying to comply with the laws.

Reactions: lupint2t

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree with Chopper. I carry copies in the grips of my rifle. Or in suppressor pouch. No reason to not carry it but it goes back to the thought. Unless your doing something crazy no one should ask for it. A lot of police/sheriffs don't know the laws and the ATF is very vague when answering questions. Just safe to keep it on you.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I took pics/scanned them to my phone. if they want to get real serious they are welcome to follow me home to get the original. Of course this is in a deep red state and they really dont care as long as there is some documentation, as long as you dont do something to piss them off.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I just got on the stamp waiter's list today.

Went to the gun shop, had my pic taken, fingerprints and had them file a SBR eForm 1 for me. Got a conformation email from the ATF that they received the application and payment.

Their website says about a 60 day wait. We will see how long it takes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have pics of my stamps on my phone and I keep a copy in the glovebox in each vehicle just in case but, I agree that the best preemptive measure is the absence of stupid activity.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sent my Form 4 in mid-July and received the stamp today. So the wait was right at 4 1/2 months. Not too bad. I keep copies of my paperwork in each vehicle and in the bag I keep the rifle in. I also have digital copies on my phone. Suppressor is on an SBR so I have to have two sets with me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sent my Form 4 in mid-July and received the stamp today. So the wait was right at 4 1/2 months. Not too bad. I keep copies of my paperwork in each vehicle and in the bag I keep the rifle in. I also have digital copies on my phone. Suppressor is on an SBR so I have to have two sets with me.
4 months ain't bad! I'd be tempted to buy another 22 suppressor if that's all it took

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thats a quick turn!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I received my form 1 approval email today and it took only 4 weeks from start to finish. I have everything ready to convert my pistol to a SBR except for the engraving and I'm having that done tomorrow.
Where are most of you guys locating the engraving on the receiver? I know you can put it anywhere that's easily visible but... Got any pics?

Also, I've read where you can use the pdf copy that they send you. Do they mail you a stamp or just use the pdf?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got on the list 12-17. Form 1 eform using a trust for a Supressor. Hopefully it will come back soonish. Plan on doing a few more after the first one goes through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
My papers were sent in by Silencer Shop on 12-16.20 for an Omega 300 on their LEO program. I hope to have it by my birthday in May. It took three weeks for the suppressor to be made to get a serial number or it would have gone in before Thanksgiving. I could have spent an extra $242.00 if I had bought on the regular process as several shops in town had the suppressor in stock but I'm not in that big a hurry..LOL

Greg

2541 - 2560 of 2561 Posts