6.8 SPC Forums banner

2541 - 2549 of 2549 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Buddy of mine called Saturday and said he'd just gotten his call that his stamp was in, 5 months to the day.
My cousin got his in last week at 5 months and 5 days. Guess corona has the atf guys working more and not BSing around the water cooler

·
Registered
199 Posts
My stamp was 5 months to the day. I was pleased, I was prepared for a 10 month wait.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I got my can and stamp today. It was 234 for the stamp and then another 2 days for the state background check. Today I got to bring it home. I hope to shoot it tomorrow.

I have a question for you more experienced can owners. My stamp is affixed to a three page document. What, if anything should I carry with me when I am out using the can, and when I travel, by air to hunting destinations?

·
Registered
845 Posts
To answer your question, none of us are lawyers specializing in class III items so anything we say is subject to being either close to right or completely wrong. With that being said, reading something put out by The Silencer Shop recommended having a copy of your stamp and any paperwork with it and a copy of your trust with all attachments/amendments. I have several copies of my stamps, in strategic places to insure that I don't forget when I head out to hunt or shoot, but I don't try to keep a copy of my trust (its about 50 pages long). I have thought about trying to keep a digital copy of the trust on my phone since I always have it with me, but haven't done that yet. So.....take it for what it is......not very reliable advice from someone who doesn't know very much, but it is what I do to at least show that I am trying to comply with the laws.

Reactions: lupint2t

·
Registered
94 Posts
I agree with Chopper. I carry copies in the grips of my rifle. Or in suppressor pouch. No reason to not carry it but it goes back to the thought. Unless your doing something crazy no one should ask for it. A lot of police/sheriffs don't know the laws and the ATF is very vague when answering questions. Just safe to keep it on you.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I took pics/scanned them to my phone. if they want to get real serious they are welcome to follow me home to get the original. Of course this is in a deep red state and they really dont care as long as there is some documentation, as long as you dont do something to piss them off.

2541 - 2549 of 2549 Posts