6.8 SPC Forums banner

2481 - 2500 of 2517 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
My stamp just came back at 11 months as well. It would be nice if you didn't have to pay upfront or something...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Completed suppressor paperwork 6/27/19. Individual form 4 from dealer to me on paper. Paid USPS money order. Shop sent certified mail to ATF. I never bothered to call and check on the money order or call ATF since I expected 12+ months as was the going rate at that time.

10/24/19 Shop calls that stamp is in. Form was approved dated 10/1/19. Final date 10/20/19 i assume when it was mailed.

I was straight shocked how quick it was. Have faith guys.... it may be getting better.

I heard they upgraded to a new system in June. Maybe some of us slipped into the new system as dummies and took cuts. I know this sucks for those waiting a long time but it may be a sign of improvement!!

I would guess some of you who filed around that time may get a shocking call in the next couple days. The shop told me they had another one that was only 2.5 months.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was in the local gun shop this weekend fingering some suppressors and asking some general questions. Guy said that the ATF supposedly hired a few hundred more people to do Individual forms. Said they've gotten some individual stamps back in 6 weeks here lately. Im sure with black friday coming up and the possible sales on NFA items these wait times are going to go way up again.

My buddy has been in lock up for 11 months on 3 trust stamps.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had my check cashed on 4/17/19 and still waiting. My buddy had his in a month before mine and......still waiting! He just called ATF and they said probably 10 months wait, while our gun store says they have been seeing 8 months. I sure hope mine gets here first of January when we start pounding coyotes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
ATF put my Form 4 trust (1 member) for an Omega 300 in line on 10/1/18. As of 9/30/19 it still had not been assigned to an examiner. The nice lady suggested calling back in two weeks.
Approved 10/29. Stamp arrived at dealer 11/4.

"purchased" 8/21/18 - Available for pickup 11/4/19

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I have a question re: Trust vs. not. I set up a trust so that my wife or daughter could easily deal with disposal of my stamp collection after I'm dead. Then the rules changed and use of the trust became much more of a hassle.

If I purchase an item requiring a stamp as an individual how does that item have to be dealt with once I die?

OBTW - nothing imminent that I'm aware of, just doing some long term planning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a question re: Trust vs. not. I set up a trust so that my wife or daughter could easily deal with disposal of my stamp collection after I'm dead. Then the rules changed and use of the trust became much more of a hassle.

If I purchase an item requiring a stamp as an individual how does that item have to be dealt with once I die?

From my understanding if you kept the NFA item as individual only you can possess or you have to be present when someone else is using item. But you can also purchase as individual and have the item added to your trust later.

·
Super Moderator
11,724 Posts

If you leave it to someone in a will then they just have to do a form 5 application for tax free transfer.

https://www.esilencers.com/passing-nfa-items-down-to-your-heirs-without-a-trust/#:~:text=Once you die, the NFA,is a tax free transfer.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Mailed off my form 4 individual for my Resonator .30 Cal suppressor last February. My stamp came in yesterday. Eform'd my 6.8 to SBR last weekend. I hope the fast return times keep coming for form 1's.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Got Mine!!

Omega 300

So, me and two buddies all filed for form 4 about the same time give a month or two. Two of us have them and they both showed up almost exactly at 10 months. The other guy is still waiting, but his 10 month clock ends about the middle of this month. I asked the ATF if they ever considered bringing the eFile back for form4 and they responded "no". I can say that the wait is definitely worth it and if someone is considering getting a suppressor then don't let the wait "slow you down!" haha...pun intended. We coyote hunt sitting right next to each other and these are the ticket! Also just makes target shooting more enjoyable which leads to more and faster shots, which leads to buying/loading more ammo!

2481 - 2500 of 2517 Posts