6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Just started the long wait again hopefully its not an entire year. 馃

Purchased July 27 I got fed up waiting and called the ATF approved May 5 just has not arrived at dealer yet.
Hope this has come in by now, but then again it is the government and efficient isn't in their vocabulary with out a prefix attached

Registered
I took pics/scanned them to my phone. if they want to get real serious they are welcome to follow me home to get the original. Of course this is in a deep red state and they really dont care as long as there is some documentation, as long as you dont do something to piss them off.

Registered
I hope you've spoken to a human at the ATF about this. That's excessively bad even by excessively bad standards. I had one xfer take well over a year because the dealer I used went out of business due to a divorce and that caused a whole bunch of extra work, but at least I knew that the ATF knew what was going on.
I spoke to them last April. Its been almost a year since the last filing, after an agent denied it without cause or notification for appeal. Finally found out when I called to check and it had been denied 3 months prior, too late to appeal it. .

Registered
I'd love to get one but this is the main reason I haven't. That and the $200 stamp. Can't justify forking over the money to wait for 10 months to over a year to gain possession of something that should be handled in a couple days tops.
The E file option is at 4 months but doesn't help those of us who had applied before that was an option.

Registered
Congrats! That is an exceptionally, and very unreasonably, long wait.
They squashed the first filing the day that I moved. Dealer said I didn't need to do anything as long as I didn't change my Driver License address, but evidence showed that was wrong. ATF didn't notify anyone and I had to reapply after I found out 3 months later. It was 13 months on the second application.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts