6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2549 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We need to have a virtual support group that keeps the collective chins up of folks waiting on an NFA stamp. My check cashed June 29 for an SBR stamp and the clock continues to tick. I was made aware by another member on this board that you can apply for multiple stamps at a time and I will be doing that when I get my first one back. The wait time is ridiculous. I feel better now.

·
Registered
158 Posts
It took 5+ months to get my stamp for my LWRCi 6.8 PSD so I feel your pain. I understand that the BATFE has reorganized their inspectors to help speed up the process. Overall stamp applications are way up and at the same time applicants using a Trusts to own the weapon have jumped and this entails more work to verify the trust's validity. At the same time, there is a proposed BATFE rule that would eliminate the local Chief LEO sign off but I don't believe that it has completed the rule review/publication process yet. My CLEO took less than a week to sign off on my paperwork but others may take a longer time.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm worse off that Team Helotes. My application for the SBR is being delivered today and I can't even start the application for the suppressor for a few more weeks (waiting for it to be built).

The FFL that I'm buying the suppressor through told me that you can find out who is assigned to review your application and you can see how long they typically take to respond. I have no idea how to do this, but since they haven't even received my application, I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Try waiting a year and get back with me, LOL. 4-5 months is common with someone who knows WTF they are doing. Just remember the good times ahead when it does come back.

·
9,182 Posts
Waiting on mine to be built suppressor. Then I get to wait. About to send off the paperwork for an SBR.

·
Premium Member
1,235 Posts
Waiting on 2 stamps right now. Maybe next month.

·
Registered
395 Posts
My paper went back last week to Noveske along w/$200 check.

The Goverment hasn't cashed it yet but when they do, the clock starts!

·
Registered
78 Posts
mine was cashed in july and its still pending. 30 days left till gun season and hopeing stamp will get here on time.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I sent a money order with mine so I had no idea when they cashed it. I took 4 months and 26 days to get my approval, but who's counting? Lol It's completely worth it though!

Sent from HTC EVO using taptalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'm in the process of doing the ultra wait. Had to wait for SF to transfer to dealer. Now dealer has it but dealer is out of state so I'm currently waiting for that transfer to go through right now. Then once that goes through I can go to my in-state dealer and submit my paper work... lol.

But I saved buttloads of cash :)

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Interesting that NFAtracker is now including times for each examiner over the last 6 months. They are getting longer!

Have two cans now. F4s went in for two more in late August. Hoping it will be a quiet little Christmas, but expect approvals will be after New Years.

Worth the wait? Damn right it is!

Took a 30 cal can hunting the last two weekends. It took four piglets and a coyote. Was wonderful fun!

·
Registered
196 Posts
I have 2 suppressors Im waiting for stamps on right now. It can take a while. I didnt read the whole post. But here is a dcoument posted on another website that I frequent. Looks like we are not the only one pissed about the wait times for stamps.

·
Premium Member
3,090 Posts
I think the secret is to get tons of stamped items. That way, you have some to play with while you wait. The first one (and having to listen to that godawful kaboom sound our guns make) is absolutely gutwrenching.

I have most of my stamps in hand, but one little Silencerco sparrow that is not yet approved, after four months of waiting.....I have one suppressed .22 already, and I still hate the wait. ugggh

ETA: Just saw the letter from House member. Its obvious they need more help in NFA branch.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
How much time did it take between the delivery of your application and the cashing of fee check?

Tapatalk on Thunderbolt

·
Registered
918 Posts
Or they need to remove suppressors from the list of NFA items as has been done in most other countries.
Yes, that! I don't know how a silenced gun is more dangerous to society. Just for giggles, I wonder when the last time a can was used in a crime...

OT, but I feel your pain on waiting. Week 3 since I sent off my packet of required forms, notarized forms, passport photo, and a cashier's check for $125 for my Louisiana CCL. Including the required NRA class, I have spent around 15 hours in class or getting photos taken, and court documents. Cost is around $250. And of course, no refund if you are not approved.

Got to love how our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed... :a42:

1 - 20 of 2549 Posts