6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting with a friend a few weeks ago and he had a few boxes of SSA Extreme ammo that he bought in early 2006 for his 18" LWRC. The rifle would not go into battery even after hitting the forward assist and we ended up getting a bullet stuck in the lands. This gun has a SAAMI chamber and LWRC is going to replace with a CHF SPCII barrel. Because it is a custom length it will take a while.

My question is: When he gets the new barrel, will it be safe to shoot the SSA Extreme, or should he return it to Silver State?

·
Registered
262 Posts
As I understand it, the Extremes were withdrawn and recalled due to bullets deforming during feeding. I believe that SSA will exchange them for new production ammo if you give them a call.

·
Registered
441 Posts
DONOT try to shoot anymore of those!!

That round has not been produced since 06 and should not be shot period. For only two boxes I wouldn't really bother having them exchanged if you reload just pull the bullets and replace it with a 110 PH or other 110 bullet and you will be GTG.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think he has 10 boxes, maybe more. It also has large primers and I don't want mess with reloading it. I have a ton of newer brass (well, not really a ton, but a lot :twisted: ).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts