6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coppied from SSA's site.

6.8 SPC 90 grain OTM Plinking Round, Ammunition, 20 rounds/box AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH DEALERS SPRING 2009

Is anyone else concerned that we'll never see "plinking prices" if this is so? :cry:

Every hand that this stuff touches needs fed and it seems like many dealers' appetites have been growing.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I thought SSA was my dealer..... Lets see what art says about this.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Yeah that kind of sux no shops near me have SSA ammo i get all of mine threw there web sight :?

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
I tried to convince my local shop to carry SSA, but he is a small shop and I dont think he wanted the over head.

I order directly from Nancy becuase I like doing business with them.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I sure hope to think that I'll always be able to order straight from SSA. :?

·
Registered
882 Posts
i would like to know more about this too. i can't get SSA ammo around where i live. The 6.8 ammo i do find is 32$ a box.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
Aramark said:
i would like to know more about this too. i can't get SSA ammo around where i live. The 6.8 ammo i do find is 32$ a box.
If you can live with the commercial loading of the 110g Pro Hunter, become a Sportsman's Guide member and buy it for as little as $15.83 a box...delivered...or about $17.50 a box without dealing with their coupon codes.

Kerry

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
If there is going to be a SSA dealer network, we need to get some of our sponsors to be dealers so we have reasonable access to fairly priced ammo.

·
Registered
615 Posts
No ideas myself, but I second the notion that we either get site sponsors to become SSA dealers, or we find somebody around here with some "pull" (Hmmm, ideas?) and negotiate a group buy of this loading. As for the latter, I know there's a Hornady GB on right now, so it'd be a good idea to wait a month or so on that. Besides, my Magic 8 Ball tells me that the run on everything gun-related won't last forever--prices on consumables like ammo will definitely come back down.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The plan is for SSA to get more dealers involved more to get their ammo out there, but they will sell it themselves also.

·
Registered
7,444 Posts
paulosantos said:
The plan is for SSA to get more dealers involved more to get their ammo out there, but they will sell it themselves also.
Thanks Paul, next time I am home I will talk to my local guy again, he doesnt stock a lot of ammo but maybe If I promise to order through him it would be worth it for him to keep some extra on hand.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I would suggest to each of you to use the SSA dealer referral program. Fill out the attached form for every sporting goods dealer, gun shop, police supply, pawn shop and bait and tackle shop near you. If one of them begins stocking SSA ammo...you now have a local source. PLUS...SSA sends you free ammo as a "Thank You" gesture.

http://www.ssarmory.com/dealerreferralprogram.aspx

It's a FAR more productive option than complaining how little SSA ammo is being stocked in your area.

Even though I can buy from SSA as a dealer, I have already referred two shops in my area, and am looking to refer more.... just to get additional public exposure for SSA and to feed the growing number of 6.8 rifles here in South Central Missouri.

Once you make the referral, Nancy or someone at SSA will make a followup call to the shop you recommend. If they become a stocking dealer...they win...SSA wins...68 owners in your area win...and YOU win.

It's a no brainer....

Kerry

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hi guys, the hard part is actually getting the dealer to talk to SSA. I referred about 5 shops and only one actually made the effort to talk to them. The opening order is not that big. Can't wait to get my portion and see the plinker round on the shelf!
(and get my t-shirt) :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I just saw that SSA updated the through dealers only thing to say:

6.8 SPC, 90 grain OTM Plinking, 20 rounds/box
AVAILABLE THROUGH DEALERS and WEBSITE SPRING 2009
Item Number: SSA10072-PLINKING
Manufacturer: Silver State Armory

Thanks for looking out for the little guys SSA!!!! :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
owenslee said:
I would suggest to each of you to use the SSA dealer referral program. Fill out the attached form for every sporting goods dealer, gun shop, police supply, pawn shop and bait and tackle shop near you. If one of them begins stocking SSA ammo...you now have a local source. PLUS...SSA sends you free ammo as a "Thank You" gesture.

http://www.ssarmory.com/dealerreferralprogram.aspx

It's a FAR more productive option than complaining how little SSA ammo is being stocked in your area.

Even though I can buy from SSA as a dealer, I have already referred two shops in my area, and am looking to refer more.... just to get additional public exposure for SSA and to feed the growing number of 6.8 rifles here in South Central Missouri.

Once you make the referral, Nancy or someone at SSA will make a followup call to the shop you recommend. If they become a stocking dealer...they win...SSA wins...68 owners in your area win...and YOU win.

It's a no brainer....

Kerry

I have sent in referals for at least 4 dealers here in Connecticut.

One dealer gave me the line that there is no demand for it: Newington Gun Exchange

Another dealer said special order only: Guns & Safes Unlimited

Another dealer has had 6.8 Rem on the shelf but I haven't seen any in a long time & my friend & I ask every time we go there. Told me they can't keep it on the shelf: Hoffmans

Stocking some Hornady: K5 Arms Exchange

Out of stock: Valley firearms

I wonder, do any of these dealers have contact w/ SSA? At least with Hoffmans & K5, I have seen ammo on the shelves either past or present.

I would like to know if any of these dealers have ordered from SSA because I get the feeling that I am getting the stroke job when I'm told they are waiting for more to come in.

I would like to believe they can't keep it on the shelf, but you have to order it & place it there to sell!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I just got off the phone with Nancy. I ordered some combat otm 115 rounds and the 90 grain tnt's. The good news is that in May, they will have the $13.00/box plinking rounds and they are taking down a list of people to preorder. Give her a call, great lady!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: SSA 90gr plinker only through dealers AND website

Actually,

The 90gr Plinking Round will be available through local Dealers AND through the website http://www.ssarmory.com/6.8_spc_ammo_plinking_round.aspx. In other words, it won't be sold through Distributors and then to Dealers. Trying to keep the round affordable and available at the same time.

Still on schedule for end of March 2009 release.

JesseJames said:
Coppied from SSA's site.

6.8 SPC 90 grain OTM Plinking Round, Ammunition, 20 rounds/box AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH DEALERS SPRING 2009

Is anyone else concerned that we'll never see "plinking prices" if this is so? :cry:

Every hand that this stuff touches needs fed and it seems like many dealers' appetites have been growing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts