6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the 6.8 arena and am looking for a good supply (25 or so) mags for the 6.8. I have read the stickies that state they are a few bucks more than the 223 mags. Please share where you are getting them. I can only find them at 100% or 150% more than the 223 mags. I might be comparing apples to oranges as I priced PRI 6.8 mags and AR Stoner 223 mags.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
PRI are the most expensive--- I use as mags and never had an issue

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
ASC or Pri. CPD is hit-or miss for me, but as they break-in they're gtg!

15 rounds is plenty for me and not heavy.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
i like the D&H PSA runs for 9.99 - never failed me yet, tweaked the lips just last week. they're heavier gauge steel i think

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanx guys. Looks like 44mag.com has the best prices and inventory.
44mag.com almost always (at least in recent experience) has ASC 6.8 mags in stock and at reasonable prices. The also offer a discount per mag if you order enough ASC mags, and you can mix-and-match caliber and size. It works out nice if you want to buy a bunch of 6.8 mags in various sizes.

However, I also would mention my recent negative experience with 44mag. I purchased an assortment of 6.8 mags earlier this year in anticipation of completing my 6.8 build. Eventually the rifle build was finished, function checked and ready for the range. Up until this point I was using one mag. I unpackaged the rest of my mags, loaded them, and used them all during an extended range session.

I found one 10 round mag that seemed out of spec, requiring a serious effort to load, failing to drop free and needing to be drug out of the magwell. Scoring at several points on the mag exterior led me to believe it was out of spec. I contacted 44mag about it, and their reply was "it's past 30 days on your purchase, sorry, nothing we will do.".

I contacted ASC, who won't even return my messages.

So I'm out about $11 on one mag, and one out of 10 is no good. Not a huge problem. However, if the first mag I had opened and used for function check had been in spec and the rest out of spec, I'd be screwed.

I will still order from 44mag, but any future orders I am going to immediately check every single mag for function, and instantly contact them with any issues. I'd keep it in mind if you order than if there's something wrong your purchase from 44mag, once 30 days are up you're on your own.

·
Registered
6,732 Posts
I bought (or tried to) mags from 44 mag during the big scare a few years back--- they showed them in stock so I ordered a few.

2 weeks later I got a notice that they screwed up and did not actually have those mags in stock so they put me on a backorder list--

4 months later they emailed me and told me the mags were in stock BUT they now cost double what they did when I ordered them....I don't care for 44mag anymore

·
Registered
252 Posts
I bought (or tried to) mags from 44 mag during the big scare a few years back--- they showed them in stock so I ordered a few.

2 weeks later I got a notice that they screwed up and did not actually have those mags in stock so they put me on a backorder list--

4 months later they emailed me and told me the mags were in stock BUT they now cost double what they did when I ordered them....I don't care for 44mag anymore
I heard similar stories from other people regarding 44mag and their "panic pricing".

I actually tried to go around 44mag directly to ASC. I would be paying a few dollars more per mag, but I was willing to do so. I placed my order and received a confirmation.

One week passes, no shipping notification. Two weeks pass, no shipping notification. I send a polite inquiry via email. Three weeks pass, no communication. I send another polite, but to the point, communication via email, their Contact Us form, and their FB account. Two days later, I order from 44 mag. Later that week I finally hear back from ASC, apologizing my order hadn't shipped yet. I asked them to cancel, and they did.

Maybe AIM Surplus will start carrying ASC mags, so I can give them my business.

·
Super Moderator
1,432 Posts
I heard similar stories from other people regarding 44mag and their "panic pricing".

I actually tried to go around 44mag directly to ASC. I would be paying a few dollars more per mag, but I was willing to do so. I placed my order and received a confirmation.

One week passes, no shipping notification. Two weeks pass, no shipping notification. I send a polite inquiry via email. Three weeks pass, no communication. I send another polite, but to the point, communication via email, their Contact Us form, and their FB account. Two days later, I order from 44 mag. Later that week I finally hear back from ASC, apologizing my order hadn't shipped yet. I asked them to cancel, and they did.

Maybe AIM Surplus will start carrying ASC mags, so I can give them my business.
Funny how the customer svc wheel spins...

I have some 308 mags from them. I had a bad barrel from Blackhole that was causing case head failures (destroyed a few PMAGS, prompting me to get the ASCs before I figured out the problem). Anyhow a failure blew the bottom plate and spring out the bottom of a couple of mags and I lost one on the range. I contacted ASC about purchasing bottom plates and they sent me a few for free.

I contacted them about he different detents on the 6.8 mags (some of mine have it, some don't, all "newer" manufacture) and .... crickets.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.