6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the mad science department at Dead Air Silencers!

The question is, what will fit best in their product line? Any thoughts or speculation?

Something cool But we have to wait until October 11, 2018 for the details.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=2185097085066975

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
looks like we will have to wait to see.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Dead Air Nomad 30.

Credit to @recoilmagazine and @allyoutfitters for the photo.

Nomad 30 Specifications:
Length: 6.5”
Diameter: 1.735”
Weight: 14 oz
MSRP: $916

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new Dead Air Nomad 30. This is Dead Air Silencer's newest suppressor. Unlike the other Dead Air Silencer's, this is a tubeless design. It is also 1.73 inches in diameter which makes it a little thicker than other suppressors from Dead Air. The Nomad incorporates a new ebrake system that reduces the sound and flash signature at the muzzle.
I am hoping this EBrake will work on the Sandman L

In my opinion, the most important aspects of this new suppressor are;
1. Construction. Short compact efficient tubeless construction. The tubeless design is a first for Dead Air and I am happy to see them going in this direction.

2. Weight. 14 oz is right in the middle of its target market segment weight-wise.

3. Materials. The Nomad-30 is made with 17-4 stainless steel and Grade 5 titanium.

4. End cap configurations. The modular end cap system lets the user switch between different aperture end caps to different styles of brakes. This allows the user to tune the suppressor to the particular application and caliber.
5.56FH
7.62FH
The eBrake

5. Mount compatibility. The Nomad's compatibility with multiple mounting systems is astounding and a welcome feature in the market. Anything that works with the Keymo Mount system and the ASR would work with the Dead Air Nomad. This opens up a whole world of mounting solutions depending on what the purchaser has already invested in.
1/2 x 28
5/8 x 24
Key Mo
ASR
Area 417
Q Cherry Bomb
A few others

6. Suppression. The numbers indicate this silencer will perform at least as well as an Omega if not better. Chasing decibels is generally not the most important aspect of selecting a silencer. In this case, the numbers that I am seeing indicate that it performs as well or better than an Omega across the board.

7. I like longer suppressors. The reason I like longer suppressors is that they are generally noticeably quieter. It looks like this suppressor is going to be short and quiet.

I am sure we will see more independent testing in the very near future. The new ebrake in cap also has a effect on the suppression efficiency of the silencer. That makes that a great option.
Credit to @recoilmagazine and @allyoutfitters for the photo.
Nomad 30 Specifications:
Length: 6.5”
Diameter: 1.735”
Weight: 14 oz
MSRP: $916

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From another site:

Some numbers for you guys to play with.*

Nomad with 5/8x24 direct thread adapter: 14.2 oz.*