6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got an assortment of barrels for my Glock 40. Conversion and others. I found the Lone Wolf/Alpha Wolf had a hard time with XTP ammo with FTF every time it was cycled. Since I dry fired it so many times with OEM sights, I'm more accurate with them I find so always got a first shot drop with the G40. The Wolfie barrels seem to work well, so this ain't a wolfie barrel bash post, with every thing but them dang XTP bullets that are great for deer and bigger critter take downs.

So I waited for 11 weeks and got a KKM barrel in. XTPs cycle in it and got a smooth action, yes I used the same mag as the wolf barrels failed to cycle with.

I went with barrels that had fully supported chambers, some of my hard cast lead max factory load ammo was getting a big glock smile with the regular OEM barrel, so I went with fully supported chambers just for piece of mind. But I am still keeping the OEM as its a great barrel other wise. A Cold Hammer Forged Barrel is always good to have around.

Some of my extra barrels get loaned to people going hunting in must have 6" states, but also my conversion barrel is a must, as it ate the 40 short and weak ammo pretty well I found. Also a Polymer 80 build will probably get a barrel and a spare as well.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well the KKM barrel so far has eaten every thing I put in it with no more FTF for me. Others who aren't use to holding a semi auto limp wrist a FTF at times though. For those who want a good after market barrel for hunting/troublelargecritterkilling I suggest a KKM that seems to handle the wider bullets like XTP that alphawolfs seem to have problems with.

If you can't wait that long for a KKM barrel, the 10mm 6" alphawolf barrel for a glock 20/40 is available. Or if some one wants a barrel right away as waiting for a KKM barrel is another idea. But the Alphawolf I found has only problem with wider bullets like XTP types. I told a few people about the alpha wolf being available after they returned the loaner barrels I loaned the and got ordered them. They seem to work good enough for their needs for now. My Alphawolf 40 Short and Weak conversion barrel already ate all of my 40 Short and Weak bullets. I'm not knocking any Wolf type barrel, just it seems wider than normal bullets have a problem with them, I learned from experience probably best to get the short term alphawolf and get the main KKM ones you want to wait and wait and wait for.

I do have a melonited KKM barrel coming in as well for myself, I got a polymer 80 to use it on as well, and I might get a few more polymer 80s I'll have barrels waiting for them as well. Sure glad I ordered it when I had the chance, should be here first week of september.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Love me some Ten Mike-Mike! Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got my nitrated KKM barrel! Its purdy and blackical tactical! Now maybe the mall ninja's will let me go a ninjin'n with them again!

The other will go in the Polymer 80 Gen3/G20L if my brother wants to take it when we go hunting. That one will also be my 40 S&W one as well..may have to get another one maybe?

I did my dry firing practice with the KKM mate SS barrel, but for some reason the deer bolted when they saw the G-40...I tried my SS Lone Wolf also, they bolted. I tried my OEM barrel, they ignored me and it, I tried the Blackical Tactical Alpha Wolf, they ignored me and it. The shine from the barrel spooks them some how? Well we got deer around here who are "Street Smart" and know how to avoid most hunters. Like they just bed down out of line of sight 25 yards or closer even so you can't see them and don't move till Dark. Unless you try "Stalking", then they just move away and bed down again. Its the deer who move in from the out side area are the ones we normally shoot. But for some reason the SS barrel in the G-40 makes them skiddish and bolt when they see it from head on. Oh well I've seen weirder, like forkers doing the belly crawl in the swamp to by pass shooting lanes, they learned that from following the older bucks.

·
Premium Member
193 Posts
Thanks for the report. I've only shot Federal 200gr HST and S&B 180gr JHP.
Not one hiccup.
Oh yeah, I had mine shaved for that extra optical inch.

Hi DAVID,

We have finished processing your order.

[Order #23438] (January 14, 2020)
�����
ProductQuantityPrice
40 Match 10MM 7" - Blacknitride (adds a minimum 30-60 days additional lead time)1$185.00
Subtotal:$185.00
Shipping:$12.00 via Flat Rate
Payment method:Credit Card
Total:$197.00
Note:Shipping Address is my Place of Employment.

Best method of Contact is my Cell:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think that's just my local deer, they are super hard to hunt. Deer that move in from other areas don't seem to think shiny stick is a danger more than the humans they bolt from alone. For now local deer ain't use to me using a "Thunder Twig" taking them down, as of so far I left no witnesses to tell them.

I went with 6" as it stays in the gun and some thing pressing the barrel may cause it not to fire if its sticking out of the gun. I figured 6" is long enough. I really need to put a red dot on it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts