6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered up some stripped lowers from Brownells yesterday. The tech I spoke with said they're supposed to take delivery of 1000 CMMG stipped lowers on Dec. 12, and are expecting at least that many more from Double Star on Jan. 16. The timeline wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

·
Registered
5,161 Posts
Good info, thanks. Is Brownell's holding the line on pricing?

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
ArtFWTx said:
Current retail on DoubleStar lowers is still shown as $124.95.
Dealer is $100.00

Kerry

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
this is good news I think the Firearms community is stepping up....

·
Registered
441 Posts
Yep

What happened here with this current rush was a compounded issue.

You have Obama
You have hunting season
You have Christmas

Combine all of that and this is going to happen. I don't know if anyone else remembers last year around X-mas there were shortages of many popular things.. Not like this but when you combine it all it makes sense that after X-mas things will be more normal and then there will be the rubber band effect from everyone cranking up production to meet the surge.

I really hope when this does happen that those that raised there prices to ridiculous levels will not have a single customer even when they drop there prices. I hope they are run out of buisness entirely.

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
If anyone knows where I can get on the back order list for an LMT enhanced bolt for the 556 and the 6.8 I would greatly appreciate it......

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
moved

·
Registered
94 Posts
My suspicion is that the panic is already subsiding. All those people that bought at sky high prices over the last 2 months will feel awfully stupid in another month or two.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
At the Springfield MO show this past weekend a handful of lowers were selling in the $175 range with those at $250 remaining unsold.

Yesterday, I was at my local Tactical supply shop and he had just received 16 lowers and one .308 DPMS lower that were being used to assemble rifles by the shop. All the AR15 lowers were in the $120 price range. A customer wanted to buy three lowers and the owner asked him to check back on Friday as he had another batch of lowers in route at the same prices.

It certainly appears that manufacturing capacity is beginning to catch up to demand.

Kerry

·
Registered
419 Posts
marinesg1012 said:
If anyone knows where I can get on the back order list for an LMT enhanced bolt for the 556 and the 6.8 I would greatly appreciate it......
I ordered direct from LMT for some of their 6.8 bolts.
They have been on backorder for over two months.

8)

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
I ordered them direct... we will see how long it takes to get them.

·
Registered
781 Posts
This all sounds like great news! Maybe the 308 lower I am looking to get will come back down in price. DDsRanch had some a while back and his website shows he has some now, I sent him an email to see if he's honoring the price he gave me back mid nov but haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Rainier Arms is showing Gen 3 Sun Devil Billet lower's in stock on there web site.

·
Registered
4,417 Posts
A local dealer in Bonne Terre MO has multiple Grizzly stripped lowers in stock for $150 and he offers military and LEO discounts.

Contact is Ben Minkel @ Cedar Falls Tactical. Super guy to work with.

PM me for phone # if interested.

Kerry

·
Registered
16 Posts
Man, this is crazy. Through all this my dealer was selling stripped Stag 5.56 lowers for 105.00. I just bought a Stag 6.8 for 110.00. There is some serious gouging going on. My dealer just got 20 stripped lowers in and they too are 105.00.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Romad said:
In a small southern Oregon town called Klamath Falls!
Careful, that's just down the road from me! But luckily (or unluckily for me) I am out of $ :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
owenslee said:
ArtFWTx said:
Current retail on DoubleStar lowers is still shown as $124.95.
Dealer is $100.00

Kerry
Damn I just talked to a dealer , he wants $200 for a Charles Daly which I believe is a Doublestar! Am I correct in that assumption.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts