6.8 SPC Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would you do. i've had a plan for years.

i'd go to Vegas, buy the largest land yacht available with every option available. lay in a huge cache of Dos Equis. hire a driver and a lackey. then search the town for the 4 best looking hookers for hire, one each of the traditional hair colors. then i would tour America in style and comfort.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
Buy 68forums.com :a43:

(and add better smileys)

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i already have eleventy zillion smilies, just no way to upload them here

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
Buy as large a chunk of property as I could afford and build a nice home right smack in the middle of it. With a fence.

·
9,111 Posts
Hire a lawyer, arrange a meeting between that person my cpa and my financial manager. This would be first no matter what. because the crazy is about to come out of the wood work. especially with my family. So I want protection in place first.

then start looking at the markets. No point in letting it just sit there.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Hire a lawyer, arrange a meeting between that person my cpa and my financial manager. This would be first no matter what. because the crazy is about to come out of the wood work. especially with my family. So I want protection in place first.

Weeel dang, that's no fun.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts

The ever level headed response I would expect from you sir!

·
Registered
708 Posts
I too would buy a huge tract of land. Set
it up for hunting. Secure most of the money
so it be working for me. Most winners are broke
in five years.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
two words

fuddy duddies

·
9,111 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
two words

fuddy duddies
After I buy 68forums (and get an attorney...yea!, thanks James), a ranch somewhere in the Rocky Mountian states will be required. Investments and small business next to keep the cash flow. NFA and 4x4 goodies to follow.

·
Banned
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After I buy 68forums (and get an attorney...yea!, thanks James), a ranch somewhere in the Rocky Mountian states will be required. Investments and small business next to keep the cash flow. NFA and 4x4 goodies to follow.
i'll drop by in my land yacht, you can have some dos equis but not my hookers

·
Super Moderator
12,229 Posts
i'll drop by in my land yacht, you can have some dos equis but not my hookers
LMAO, some things you just don't want to share!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Buy as large a chunk of property as I could afford and build a nice home right smack in the middle of it. With a fence.
You're thinking too small. Buy enough land in a remote area that you don't need a fence. Then build a private airstrip to get in and out.

I'd pay off my two houses, buy some more properties outright for rentals and set myself up for continuing income off those properties. Then a bunch of land, private airstrip, cool guns and toys, and a good lawyer and CPA. Probably pay off homes/cars for my family, set up my brothers' kids for college, help out friends, etc.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Walk in the door, holler at the ole lady and tell the to pack her bags, I just won the lottery.

When she asks where we are going I'll tell her I don't care where YOU go, just get the heck outta MY house!! :a44:

Seriously, I'd do like was said above, first get it lined out with the legal and financial guru's because of family and friends that would come out of the woodwork expecting "their" portion, then I'd buy a large piece of land and build a nice house on it and my own rifle and pistol range.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
In order:
Hire team of lawyers
Hire team of CPAs
Create LLC, Trust, or similar entity to receive funds
Accept Lump Sum (appx $83 million after taxes right now)
Donate 10% to education and charities
Give one million to my brother, sister, sister-in law, parents, and in-laws. Inform them this is a one-time payment, so be smart (I think they would).
That should put me around $70 million left over. Buy $5 million worth of land/seclusion with a house, a new truck, a fast car, and some other fun toys.
Invest the remaining $65 million into dividend-returning stocks, bonds, and an overall diversified portfolio. Hope to get a modest 5% return on my investment each year.
Minus inflation (3%), live off the 2% interest ($1.3 million yearly) and never touch the principal. Live the rest of my life reasonably while hunting, fishing, and enjoying mother nature. Occasional trips would definitely happen for hunting or sight seeing. A second home in Costa Rica is also a definite possibility.

Not too much to ask for right?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.