6.8 SPC Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be my very last thread on this forum, do not expect me to reply.

I have been considering this decision for some time and due to a multitude of reasons the time has come for my departure.

When I joined this forum in early 2012 I was a 6.8 NOOB and needed education badly, the members here drastically helped me with my knowledge gaps and never spoke down to me. They welcomed me and provided much needed guidance during that time. Which in turn over the years of my membership here I gave the same treatment to others as I received. We had alot of good times here and alot of positive development for the cartridge, which I hope I helped in some way.

This forum of 2012 is very different than it is now, and the comradery we all shared back then is nearly extinct today. I see this more and more and frankly it is a turn off; and I see this forum taking the direction of another forum I left for the same reason (I will not mention them but you know whom I am referring too).

In addition with the most recent dealing of this forums management has been the nail in the coffin. I did follow the thread mentioning that there was going to be a mass reset, but how that was handled when it went sideways is unacceptable. More specifically these comments from Admin in a response to us trying to find a solution.

From this thread http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?63369-password-reset-not-working

contact us desk is now closed for the weekend since you all are not even trying any more and just flooding me with emails... if you cant get in by monday then by all means send me a new contact us request
Im not missing the point at all. what I do know is I had a fair amount of requests for help and was taking care of them as they came in and then to quote an earlier post the "contact us trick" was posted and since then there is a flood of posts from this forum asking for password resets that never even tried to do it on their own. I will be away tomorrow and after being at this all day its time to stop for the night

so good night
:)
FYI: I followed the written directions at log-in with no results.

I am very disappointed on this new management and how we are treated. All I expected was a simple professional statement like...
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties and are working diligently to make the necessary corrections as soon as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause you, but rest assure we are doing everything we can to correct the issue. We will provide updates on our progress so you are kept informed of the situation
How hard it that? It is respectful, understanding, and professional. It didn't take me long to type that out and I would have been perfectly fine with this. However shutting down the contact desk because we are trying to find a solution to a problem that the forum management is failing to let us know about is just a gut punch. Then to come back and close the thread after we express our dissatisfaction and tell us your screwed till they can get to it is a kick when we are down.

I only have one statement for any forum management.
The forum members make the forum what it is, we do the research, we test theory's and ideas, we provide answers to problems, and this is all done free of charge to you. If you fail to take care of the folks that make your product those folks will not stay; Plain and Simple.
Between the atmosphere of the forum changing and the poor management occurring I can no longer contribute to the content here. I will not be "resetting" my original account password and feel free to close this band-aid account down.

So after 5,400 posts in a span of 4 years and 6 months this is Wassman signing out, I wish y'all the best and those of you whom know my the best know how to get a hold of me.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I didn't come into the site until end of 2014, so not sure if I recall the comradery that you refer to. That said it never helps when one of the old guys leaves and having been here since 2012 I think you qualify. We can't make you stay or leave, that's a decision that only you can make. You will be missed if you decide to stay gone.

In a way I suppose its better that ****ty administration was the nail in the coffin. Seems better circumstance than a falling out between members.

·
Administrator
22,084 Posts
And, the fiasco isn't over either... even AFTER getting my password in compliance with this mess. This morning, I was auto-logged-off during the night... I logged back in with the new password I created AFTER working through the mire to obtain the "newly given one"... and, what am I greeted with? An invite to a link to change my friggin' password once again before being directed into the forum. :a20:

Does the goat-roping even cease now? :a22:

Well... in 19,000+ posts, how often have I used the "angry/fighting" emojis? (I do not)

·
Super Moderator
12,228 Posts
I love the way I was made out to be the problem when I tried to tell people what I had to do to solve someone else's screw up. The reason "no one was even trying anymore" was because it wasn't working. I used their lost password link in the am and finally did the work around about 10 hours later after never receiving the email that was supposed to come. Oh well, typical. Should learn to stay out of it I guess. Trying to help will get you in trouble every time. I hate to see you go Wassman. I have a feeling you won't be the last.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I agree with the above posts but I will stay this forum. It has helped me and I hope that I have helped a few. I am still learning the 6.8 so I am reluctant to offer advice to others. captjack6 I hope I can get back to my old log in in the future.
jack

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
And, the fiasco isn't over either... even AFTER getting my password in compliance with this mess. This morning, I was auto-logged-off during the night... I logged back in with the new password I created AFTER working through the mire to obtain the "newly given one"... and, what am I greeted with? An invite to a link to change my friggin' password once again before being directed into the forum. :a20:

Does the goat-roping even cease now? :a22:

Well... in 19,000+ posts, how often have I used the "angry/fighting" emojis? (I do not)
Yup, not zesty.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
Due to the amount of forum posts over the last 36 hours, it's pretty obvious how well the reset and notification worked out.

Did anyone even get an e-mail without sending a request through the "contact us" tab?

Sent from a final firing position, the crosshairs are on you!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Adios Amigo! Best of luck!

Wassman helped me several times as I was learning (still am). A true loss.

I am totally disgusted with the administration of this forum. As a retired IT professional, I can really say I'm disgusted!

However, this forum is the main reason I went to a 6.8 SPC. I love the caliber. I love the platform. I enjoy the conversation, or most of it, here. But it has gone south a bit. As a fisherman, I certainly know what a pot-licker is and they can totally ruin a day on the water. I get it. But for the moment, this is all we have to be a focal point/repository for our love and continuation of a great caliber. It has been working. For the caliber and the reason I"m here, I'll try and hang on. My reflections over the weekend have also been to just slip silently away. I have not contributed here as much as others, but I have learned a lot from you guys. This site, good or bad, needs to continue to grow.

STAY THE COURSE.

·
Premium Member
10,460 Posts
To Wassman (1 and 2), I hate to hear the frustration with forum culture. I still see acceptance and assistance overwhelmingly, with codger outnumbering gamer on the troll side. I am still positive in my overall view of the people here (you definitely included).

On the update side (I have to add mods have zero to do with it), I agree. However, if I let a crappy IT situation steer me I would definitely have quit by job and probably a few other things. This forum's management has sucked for a while (pre current ownership), but I am not here for 1's and 0's, and couldn't care less who is licking the wires. I am sure they have a financial interest to make this right. If they don't, this url is easily replaced.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hopefully you will reconsider wassman. You've been around about as long as I have. But I understand. Their response on the locked thread was the biggest f u I've ever seen from a business owner. I haven't figured out why they didn't acknowledge there was a mistake and reactivate the old passwords.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Due to the amount of forum posts over the last 36 hours, it's pretty obvious how well the reset and notification worked out.

Did anyone even get an e-mail without sending a request through the "contact us" tab?

I did not nor have I received anything after sending the note for a reset. It doesn't help that I am also a SPONSOR here!!

Greg

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hopefully you will reconsider wassman. You've been around about as long as I have. But I understand. Their response on the locked thread was the biggest f u I've ever seen from a business owner. I haven't figured out why they didn't acknowledge there was a mistake and reactivate the old passwords.
I figure this one will be locked and deleted once the brass wakes up and checks the forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,753 Posts
I did not nor have I received anything after sending the note for a reset. It doesn't help that I am also a SPONSOR here!!

Greg
It sure doesn't appear anyone got an e-mail.
The only thing I could do was sent a note and request through "contact us"
which took about 9 hrs for a response.

I understand it would be a fiasco to respond to each person requesting a password via the "contact us" option.

I would think implementing a password expiration date would have been easier. Each user could have been prompted upon signing in to create a new complex password and move on

·
Registered
260 Posts
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.