6.8 SPC Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this rail? I am looking for a rail for a 10.5" 556 upper build and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the SLR rail. I have 2 KMR's and a NSR and want to put something different but of good quality on this upper. Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anyone have this rail? I am looking for a rail for a 10.5" 556 upper build and was wondering if anyone has any feedback on the SLR rail. I have 2 KMR's and a NSR and want to put something different but of good quality on this upper. Any help would be appreciated!
I have one of their lite rails, and it's really nice.

Take a look at the new G3 rails from midwest though, they've come a long way in their design.

Attachments

·
Registered
521 Posts
Awesome rail! Perfect length for a 10.5" build and I really like that it doesn't have the full length top rail

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
Yes we use them now on our builds. I have one on my 8.5 also. They are great quality and attach smartly. Everything you'd expect from SLR.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441997794.954677.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441997812.793481.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441997901.384896.jpg

Just a couple with SLR handguards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
521 Posts
Spearjunkie, I wish I knew the answer to that but I don't have a can. I will attach a pic of it with a trifecta mount and maybe you can let me know if you think it will work. I do know that SLR has weird length rails that are designed to fit better with certain brand suppressors but I think this might be enough clearance to run the Omega that am looking at. This is just hand tightened without a washer or spacer of any kind.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you measure the rail and let me know the length? It looks like I would have enough room with the brake attachment but would like to be sure before I buy it. I appreciate all the info!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Can you measure the rail and let me know the length? It looks like I would have enough room with the brake attachment but would like to be sure before I buy it. I appreciate all the info!
It is exactly 10.0"

I had some discussion With Todd at SLR about these before I bought one and he said the 9" is actually 9.25" So that would be an option if there is concern.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My barrel should be here next week and I'll mock it up to make sure there is enough clearance. Again, thank you for all the help!

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
SLR Rails are top notch. I bet we have sold 75-80 of them at the shop. We run the Solo version.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts